My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Factory reset. Postcode not accepted.

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

fatyamyam

I just wanted to update the machine but having done the reset (at which point it was working OK) it will not now accept postcodes. Anyone got any ideas ?

| Sun 20 Oct 2024 18:35:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Problems around post code recognition can be caused by a non-genuine postcode or entering a genuine postcode in the wrong format - make sure there is a space between the two groups of characters (see section 3.3 of the manual).

Once a valid postcode has been entered the foxsat then needs to be able to get a signal from a specific transponder to confirm the regional variations. This transponder is not one you'd normally look at - it is 'freesat info' if I recall correctly.

Assuming the postcode is valid and in the right format, the manual suggests checking your satellite cabling and looking for the specific transponder manually.

From the manual section 14.2.

1. Freesat Detection Fails / Invalid Postcode
    Unplug the Foxsat-HDR from the mains and unplug the cable from your dish which is connected to the LNB IN connection.
    Check that the “F-type” connector is firmly on the end of the cable.
    Power on the and follow the Installation Wizard again.
    2. If still not Detecting the signal or verifying postcode
    Select NEXT through the Installation Wizard and then FINISH at the end.
    Press the OK button to enter the SETUP menu and Select Manual Tune.
    Select the following Transponder (11428 H 27500 A) from the list of Transponders.
    Check that you are receiving stable levels for both Signal Strength & Signal Quality or >50%.
    If you are not receiving sufficient Signal on this Transponder then you may require an installer to check your Dish Alignment, LNB, cabling, or connectors.

| Sun 20 Oct 2024 19:27:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

fatyamyam

Many thanks for the swift response. I have a Sky box connected to the same dish which is working perfectly. I have tried switching it off and went through the steps you mentioned (apart from the connectors which I tightened up before) and am getting nothing at all. I can't help but think it is just a setting but which one ?

| Sun 20 Oct 2024 19:49:46 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

I can't help but think it is just a setting but which one ?

I'm not aware of any setting that can cause the symptoms you've described. It would be odd (even for Humax) to have a setting which could disable the foxsat in this way.
    The known causes of problems like this are mis-entering the post code and/or the foxsat not being able to see the specific transponder.

I have tried switching it off and went through the steps you mentioned (apart from the connectors which I tightened up before) and am getting nothing at all.

Checking the cables for damage and the f-connectors for proper termination is important - you should check everything that is accessible, pay particular attention to any fittings that weren't factory made.

'am getting nothing at all' doesn't really help us understand.
    Did you manage to see the report for the specific transponder or not ?
    If yes, what did it say ? If not, what exactly happened while following the instructions from the manual ?

I have a Sky box connected to the same dish which is working perfectly.

Can the sky box see the freesat info transponder and report the signal quality ?
    If it can and the quality is good, try removing the dish cable from the sky box and redirecting it to the foxsat.

Out of interest, why did you decide to reset the foxsat in the first place ?

| Sun 20 Oct 2024 21:27:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

fatyamyam

Dino.
    Many thanks. All sorted now. Still don't know the cause but I went through the initial set up again and it decided it would work.
    Thanks again.
    Much appreciated.
    PS. The reset was done because I had a couple of odd things happen with the Humax. The F connectors were certainly not up to scratch in termes of proper connections. I thought that since the reset leaves recordings in place it might be good in terms of Houdsekeeping.

| Mon 21 Oct 2024 2:57:28 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.