My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

"Failed copying files(s)" to USB

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hummybear

My Humax Foxsat HDR is connected to a USB external hard drive, to which I regularly back up recordings. Recently I recorded a series but modified the episodes names before archiving them. (This caused the episodes to be separated from their main folder, tho' I've since corrected that thanks to a post on this forum.) Since renaming, I can't move the programmes to the USB - each time I try the message flashes up "Failed copying file(s)". Does anyone know why this happens, and if there is a way to correct the problem? With thanks.

| Mon 29 Jun 2020 22:43:37 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The files will have copy once protection. You would need to install the custom firmware from the Custom Firmware thread on AV forums to reset the copy once flag.

Presumably this was set on the first aborted tray to copy them to usb.

However the custom firmware allows copying the files directly to a PC using the Samba server package so no need to use usb at all.

| Tue 30 Jun 2020 10:01:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hummybear

Many thanks, Graham. I doubt I will go to those lengths, probably just remember not to do this in future. Interestingly there's no copy once flag or symbol showing against the programmes.

| Tue 30 Jun 2020 18:34:44 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hummybear - 2 hours ago  » 
    Many thanks, Graham. I doubt I will go to those lengths, probably just remember not to do this in future. Interestingly there's no copy once flag or symbol showing against the programmes.

That's because once you try to copy one, the flag is reset once you start the copy. The fact that it fails is not recognised.

Resetting the copy flag is just one change in one byte in the .hmt file.

You just need the CF installed. This has will transform your Foxsat-HDR in so many ways,

| Tue 30 Jun 2020 21:22:30 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.