My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Failed recording when AV receiver switches source

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dave99

I have a very specific problem with failed recordings on my HDR FOX T2, which I'm hoping someone can shed some light on.

The failed recordings only happen when I watch a blu-ray during the time when the recording is happening. Both the blu-ray player and my Humax are connected directly to an AV receiver (a Pioneer VSX-S300) via HDMI, and the AV receiver then has a single HDMI connection to my TV (a Samsung UE37D6750).

The recording looks to be taking place, but I end up with a failed recording. On one occasion, I could see that the Humax was still recording long after the programme had finished. When I switched off the blu-ray player, the AV receiver automatically switched back to the Humax source (even though it was recording in standby mode) and the Humax then immediately stopped recording and went into full standby. When I switched the Humax on, the recording showed as failed.

However, on other occasions the recording has appeared to have ended but the recording still fails. And I think it has happened regardless of whether the recording has started before or after I've switched on the blu-ray player, though I'm not certain of that.

The software version is FHTCP1.02.28, and 'power saving in standby' is on (in case that's relevant).

I suspect that the AV receiver is sending some sort of HDMI switching message to the Humax, which causes the recording to fail. The fact that the recordings sometimes appear to overrun leads me to think that the problem occurs at the start of - or during - the recording rather than when I switch the blu-ray player off.

But I've little idea how these things work, so those are very uneducated guess. As you may have guessed, I haven't been able to reliably recreate the problem, but it has happened enough times for me to know that it's related to the blu-ray player and the AV receiver.

The problem has only happened with HD channels, but that may be a red herring as I rarely record non-HD channels.

I should also point out that the failed recordings happened several months ago - I no longer watch blu-rays when I'm recording something, so haven't gathered any further evidence. But it's starting to get annoying, so want to try to resolve the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem, or can anyone guess what might be causing it?

Much appreciated.

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 18:05:47 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Can you provide more details - what kit is in T2 connected to? what kit is the TV connected to?
    Do you have an Amp??

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 18:08:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dave99

T2 and blu-ray (Samsung BD-D5500) are connected to Amp (Pioneer VSX-S300). Amp is connected to TV (Samsung UE37D6750). That's everything. All connections are via HDMI 1.4 cables.

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 19:37:43 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Both your amp and tv have hdmi-CEC which allows signals to be sent up and down the hdmi cable so you can get the sound from your tv sent back up to your amp or use one remote control to control all the CEC enabled equipment. In theory brilliant, in practice... needs setting up. You'll need input from somebody here who's already done it or read the manuals/instructions. If all fails you should be able to disable it and if you need sound from tv to amp then use the digital audio output from tv to amp input

| Sun 14 Oct 2012 20:29:08 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.