My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

"Failed to record"

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

This is starting to happen more and more and is annoying to say the least. No error messages...just 'Failed to record'. Any ideas please ?

| Tue 7 Aug 2018 8:08:19 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Have you been following the discussion about this over on the Youview and BT forums?

Have you had the latest firmware update which started being rolled out recently which purports to fix the failed recording problem?

| Tue 7 Aug 2018 17:39:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Hi. I came across the BT one after posting this and started to wade through all 50+ pages but lost the will to live when people started taking it off track with all sorts of other issues. I saw reference to a suggested 'fix' by Jim lad but couldn't find it.

I couldn't find out if my software version 31.56.10 is the latest version or not. Tried manual updating but was told I was on the most recent. Then again...posts about selective roll-out of upgrades so no idea if I'm on the latest version or not.

| Wed 8 Aug 2018 7:18:46 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Bit of research (now I know what to look for) and I see I am on the latest version. Just wish I knew when it was changed so I could tie in with the last Failed Recording I received which was Monday 5th at 9pm

| Wed 8 Aug 2018 14:57:56 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

countryman - 1 hour ago  » 
    Bit of research (now I know what to look for) and I see I am on the latest version. Just wish I knew when it was changed so I could tie in with the last Failed Recording I received which was Monday 5th at 9pm

Well it is still being rolled out. A quick search on the BT forum shows some customers only just received the update today the 8th August. I got the update last week, so in all likelihood you will have only received it at best during the last 10 days. It does appear to have cured the problem with failed recordings so keep everything crossed.

| Wed 8 Aug 2018 16:04:04 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.