My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Failure to connect to internet

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mcalow

My FVP-5000T is normally connected to the internet via wired LAN but the connection has suddenly failed. However, other devices on the LAN are still able to access the internet. The machine reports that it can access the network but not the internet. Attempts to reestablish the LAN connection (using DHCP) including rebooting the router and PVR, return the same report. If I then configure a WLAN connection, access to the internet is restored. This will do but is not ideal. I have checked with an older HDR-FOXT2 machine and it is behaving in the same way. What is going on?

| Wed 22 Mar 2023 13:06:23 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mcalow - 38 mins ago  » 
    My FVP-5000T is normally connected to the internet via wired LAN but the connection has suddenly failed.

Is it a wired connection the whole way or are there Homeplug (ethernet over power) adapters in the circuit?

| Wed 22 Mar 2023 13:46:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mcalow

Yes, there are powerline adaptors between the PVR and the router.

| Wed 22 Mar 2023 14:23:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mcalow - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yes, there are powerline adaptors between the PVR and the router.

So have you unplugged, waited a few seconds and then powered up all the adaptors?

| Wed 22 Mar 2023 16:10:34 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mcalow

That sorted it, thanks, but I had not thought that that could be the problem since another device using the powerline adaptors was able to access the internet.

| Wed 22 Mar 2023 17:21:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mcalow - 22 mins ago  » 
    That sorted it, thanks, but I had not thought that that could be the problem since another device using the powerline adaptors was able to access the internet.

My experience is that even good quality powerline adaptors get their knickers in a twist occasionally; maybe once every year or two for me.

| Wed 22 Mar 2023 17:46:10 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.