My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Failure to record

(2 posts)
  1. Bifsteak

Bifsteak

Why is my new Humax not recording some programmes? When we went on holiday recently, my wife set the box to record a series on ITV. When we returned we found none had been recorded. This morning she found that a program she set to record, also on ITV, hadn't recorded. On this occasion she was recording something else as well. We deduce from this that, far from being able to record 4 programmes at once, it struggles to record more than one. We bought the Humax as we're moving over to Full Fibre and discarding the BT vision Box . At the moment, this feels like a mistake as at least the BT Vision Box recorded everything we wanted and was reliable. The Humax feels like modern technology which hasn't been tested properly, a view supported by many other users of Humax. Can anyone suggest how its reliability can be improved, short of returning it to the manufacturers and requesting a replacement which works properly. Do any of them work properly?

| Sat 5 Aug 2023 14:19:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Bifsteak - 51 mins ago  » 
    Why is my new Humax not recording some programmes?

Can I check is your Humax an FVP-5000T? If it is then my experience is that it is pretty reliable at making recordings. Is it just recordings on ITV that are failing or are recordings on other channels failing?

| Sat 5 Aug 2023 15:13:53 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.