My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Failure to record scheduled porgrammes

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

noel

Having set my FOXSAT to record four series of BBC programmes while I was on a two-month holiday during July and August, I returned home disappointed to find that nothing had been recorded after the first week in August. There was plenty of capacity on the hard drive. What could have happened?

| Tue 27 Aug 2013 10:40:44 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Complete shot in the dark. You have autopadding set. Because the box now does not wake up 15 mins before a programme is due to start when accurate recording is used the epg does not get refreshed so every day your epg shrinks by 1 day. The workaround is simple set the box to wake once a day for say 15 mins at say 06:00, this will refresh the epg.

Welcome to the forum

| Tue 27 Aug 2013 11:40:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

noel

Hi! Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I have yet to work out how to set "wake up" time! I know (from a few sleepless nights)that the recorder already starts up at about 3am every day to search for updates.

| Wed 28 Aug 2013 12:45:57 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

noel - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Hi! Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I have yet to work out how to set "wake up" time! I know (from a few sleepless nights)that the recorder already starts up at about 3am every day to search for updates.

Menu/Settings/Time Power On, Power On Channel, Power Off.

My settings are on 05:00, Channel 108 BBC ONE HD, off 05:15

| Wed 28 Aug 2013 12:55:35 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.