My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Failure to switch on when in standby

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RayHop

Has anybody experienced my problem. When my recorder has gone into standby mode because it has not been accessed for 3 or more hours.It has had programmes scheduled to be recorded and indeed they have been recorded, but when I return to switch on from standby during a recording in progress the unit will not switch on.They only way to get it working again is to power down and make several attempts with both TV off and TV on to finally get the machine working again. The result of course is that it loses the recording that was in progress when I had to power down.
    I have now turned off the auto shutdown facility.Until I find an answer to the problem.

| Thu 26 Dec 2013 10:59:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bmax

This sounds to be similar to a problem I had.when switching out of standby while a recording was in progress, I did not get a picture, just a blank screen. The PVR was however starting up, but the HDMI negotiation with the TV (Sony Bravia) was failing to establish contact. This can also cause 'green screen' problems on initial switch on. I never did fix it, despite trying all the suggestions on here and elsewhere, until I bought a new TV (Panasonic) and the problem went away.

| Thu 26 Dec 2013 16:38:52 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.