My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Faulty optical audio output FPV 4000T & DTR T2000

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimbo71

Has anyone else had a problem with frequent, random, signal drop-out ("glitching") from the SPDIF optical output of the FVP 4000T/1TB? I got mine from Amazon 16 March and reported the fault to Humax on 20March, but no reply so far. I had a similar problem with a DTR T2000/1TB bought from John Lewis mid Dec 2015 which was returned for repair/replacement and eventually got a refund when I got fed up waiting for the replacement (which I suspect would have displayed the same (design?) fault.
    I also have a Freesat PVR, Foxsat HDR, purchased end 2008, the optical output of which works perfectly into my audio preamp (Audiolab 8200CDQ). When listening via the TV (HDMI connection) the sound is fine, apart from being poorer quality compared with the audio system.
    Subjectively, the sound level when using the FPV 4000T (or DTR T2000) is much lower than when using the Foxsat HDR and the sound "glitches" momentarily, typically five or six times a minute. The preamp display switches from "48kHz" to "NO LOCK" when the signal drops out.
    I'm not too optimistic about getting any action from Humax, so I'm beginning to consider my options - Humax seem to have a bit of a monopoly on the PVR market.
    Any ideas anybody?

| Thu 24 Mar 2016 18:23:45 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.