My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FBP5000T with Samsung 55 in smart TV - not connect

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

corconx

Purchased new in mid June as replacement for a previous model (this is 5/6th - list track). However we went away and only returned for two weeks before away again for 8 weeks. (Then I was hospitalised).

In that two weeks at home had this same problem. It has never just connected as other models have but comes up with NO SIGNAL HDMI

Check cables and check source. All of these are correct. Also changed HDMI cable just in case. Now I had phoned Humax for help and was told

Switch on tv
    Then press the on on HUMAX remote. Should work!!

It does sometimes but only after pressing the on several times to get it working

Only now it won’t even come on. I’ve been trying since 1030 today.

Has anyone any thoughts or suggestions as I find this box do VERY very slow to respond and literally feel like throwing it out of the window!!

Really driving me mad, something that should work seamlessly doesn’t at all

Thank you

Carol

| Sun 10 Nov 2019 15:48:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

kenjohn

Have you tried a new set of batteries in remote?It made my 5000T usable.Humax have gone backwards with this model compared to their previous models its is slow but I have grown to get used to mine,the quality of picture it produces is first class.

Good luck with yours.New batteries in the remote made mine usable even though my box was new at the time depends on how long in storage??

| Sun 10 Nov 2019 16:53:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kenjohn

Me again,another thing that made my 5000T more usable was to make use of the indicator light which shines downwards on the front edge of the humax box, its coloured; red is on/standby, blue and red it is working either recording or playing your programme of choice.

I rigged up a very small mirror on the next shelf down of my humax's stand the mirror tipped up at about 30 degrees to act as a periscope to enable me to see what the humax indicator light was showing as it(the Humax) takes time to start up and answer commands from the remote control.

Knowing what the Humax is doing via the indicator light saves you switching on/off and back on again.

Other members of this forum have used a piece of white carboard to reflect the same indicator lights.

Perhaps someone at Humax will read this and get the masters at Humax HQ to build in an indicator which shines forward,on the next model.

Good luck I found that the quality of recorded picture using the box to be excellent really good.I would be lost without it.

| Sun 10 Nov 2019 18:14:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Actually, the Red showing means the box is in standby. The blue shows it's on.
    The only exception is when the box is recording ,it shows Both at the same time giving it the general colour of Purple.
    The purple shows when it is recording regardless if the box the box is on, or off.

| Sun 10 Nov 2019 19:54:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

corconx

Hi folks. Thank you for your responses.

I have changed batteries on remote and have only the red light!!

I can see it as it sits on a glass shelf but I do take your point. It definitely is a backward step from previous - except 4 programs can be recorded as opposed to two

I will phone tomorrow afternoon and am going to ask for a refund. It hasn’t been used for more than a month due to us being away in our Motorhome

Any other thoughts will be welcome

Carol

| Sun 10 Nov 2019 20:29:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

kenjohn

Hi,

My TV is a sony Bravia smart Tv.I am connected up as Humax recommends in their paperwork,When using Humax I have to switch on the selected input source each time for the Humax to work as I do if using my DVD player.
    Are you sure your Samsung TV is not the same,ie.you have to select your input device on your Tv remote control for anything to work as you require.

Good luck,I have no experience with Humax if requesting a refund,I have seen on this forum members offered another box in exchange.

| Sun 10 Nov 2019 22:22:38 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

corconx

Hi. I do what HUMAX Support told me to do

But it doesn’t work every time. Why?

Other models we’ve had with this TV have just worked!! No faffing around at all

As I always use TV from Humax box the source doesn’t change

Carol

I actually purchased this box from John Lewis so hope they are better than HUMAX themselves.

| Sun 10 Nov 2019 22:47:20 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.