My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

File manager - newbie question 2

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Weegie

In trying to copy 3 recorded programs via a USB external HDD to DVD for my daughter, I've got myself into a bind. Sorry about the length of this post, but the exact steps I followed are:

1. I successfully copied the 3 programs (all having the same name) to the USB HDD
    2. Tried to rename the 3 programs on the USB HDD by adding _1, _2 and _3 after the existing names (note: _1 means space then 1). Result: renaming not allowed.
    3. Tried again with a real underscore instead of a space. Still not allowed.
    4. Tried the same (with space1, etc) on the original recordings on the Humax HDD. Result: OK
    5. I then (stupidly, with hindsight) deleted the 3 programs on the USB HDD, and tried to copy the renamed programs from the Humax HDD to the USB HDD. Result: copy failed
    6. Deleted the _1, _2, and _3 (_ means space) that I had added to the program names on the Humax HDD, and tried to re-copy to USB HDD. Result: copy failed

On the Humax HDD I now have 3 recorded programs that play back OK, but that I cannot copy to the external USB HDD.

What did I do wrong, and how can I make them 'copyable' again?

BTW, I used the WinUndelete program on the USB HDD, and it 'recovered' the 3 recordings that I deleted in Step 5 above, but only the first few seconds of the recordings (about 12 MB instead of the expected 2 GB).

MTIA,
    Bob

| Tue 10 Apr 2012 11:47:25 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

They must be encrypted HD programmes with a copy once restriction.

If you have Raydons modified firmware installed which gives you ftp access you can use the latest version of AV2HDR to reset the copy flag so you can try again You could then just copy the recordings straight to your PC.

| Tue 10 Apr 2012 12:34:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Weegie

Hello, Graham. If by HD you mean High Definition, I'm afraid that's not the problem. We don't like large TVs that dominate the room, so we have a 26" Sony Bravia. For a relatively small screen like that, I don't think we would notice any difference between normal and high definition, and consequently I never record in HD.

Any do you have any thoughts on why I could rename the programs on the Humax HDD but not the first copies on the USB HDD?

Bob

| Tue 10 Apr 2012 13:27:38 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Renaming the files requires 3 files to be renamed and the file location may require adjustment may be that's not possible on a USB drive.

Try reformatting the stick in windows and copying them again.

| Tue 10 Apr 2012 13:47:51 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.