My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Files on Foxsat HDD do not show in media list

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ted

I put some recordings which were made on the Foxsat (in SD) back on its HDD. I know they are there, because they show on the FileZilla file list. But I do not see them on the Foxsat's own media list and so I cannot play them. I have done the same on a Humax cable receiver and there it works fine.

Any ideas to solve this problem will be appreciated.

| Mon 11 Nov 2019 14:31:08 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

On the Foxsat there are some sidecar files as well as the .ts, one of the sidecar files contains the original path to the .ts.

If you have rerstored all of the file set then you did not place it in the same folder as before.

If you have the custom firmware there is a addon FIXFILEPATHS (I think) which will correct all the filepaths.

| Mon 11 Nov 2019 14:37:20 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ted - 1 hour ago  » 
    I put some recordings which were made on the Foxsat (in SD) back on its HDD. I know they are there, because they show on the FileZilla file list. But I do not see them on the Foxsat's own media list and so I cannot play them. I have done the same on a Humax cable receiver and there it works fine.
    Any ideas to solve this problem will be appreciated.

If you have lost the original support files. .nts and .htm Raydon has a utility to recreate them.

AV2HDR.

If they are there and .htm has the wrong filepath, then if you have the custom firmware then the package Fixfilepaths will auto correct all .htm files as Repassac posts.

If there is only one then elect to change the filename, you don't need to type a new name. The process will correct the filepath in the .htm for the current location of the recording.

| Mon 11 Nov 2019 16:09:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ted

Gentlemen, thank you. I suspected it would be something like that. Your suggestions - FIXFILEPATHS and AV2HDR - seem a bit too much at the moment. But I'll keep them in mind. It is no big deal anyway, there are ways to play the files.

Just for your information, I did the same with my Humax iHDR-5200C and there it worked just fine.

Perhaps it is time Humax updated all their firmware, combining all the good stuff - like what the iHDR-5200C does with files, FTP on the HDR-1100S, playing recordings from one receiver on another.

| Mon 11 Nov 2019 17:01:07 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.