My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Files to Folders on External USB HDD?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tropi

I have several individual episodes of several TV series stored on an external USB drive. I would very much like to reorganize this drive by collecting the loose episodes into appropriately named folders. It’s relatively easy to do this on the recorder’s own HDD but I cannot find any way to do it on the external.
    Does anyone have a solution to this, please?

| Mon 21 Oct 2019 22:32:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

What File System does the external USB HDD drive have on it ?

| Tue 22 Oct 2019 16:24:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tropi

Hi Graham
    The external drive is USB 3, formatted EXT3

| Tue 22 Oct 2019 16:49:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tropi

To fill in a little more background:
    Over a year ago, I think I originally re-formatted the USB drive to Ext3, using Easeus Partition Master Free. Partition Master does clearly recognize the USB disk as Ext3 and does neatly list every Folder and every individual file in a very Windows-like way.
    I also have Disk Internals "Linux Reader" installed, in the hope that it could copy files from the USB Ext3 drive to a PC for archiving. Linux Reader sees the drive as "Linux Ext Volume 1" with a file system of "Linux Ext". Double clicking this drive then produces a yellow Folder Icon labelled "Linux Ext Volume 1 - empty" and a line statement that "There are no recoverable files in this folder"
    It was at that point I gave up trying to get the files to a PC and started to try to at least reorganize the USB drive into Folders. So far, I am failing at that too!
    I do hope there is a way out of this, either transferring to a PC (highy preferable) or at least in reorganizing the USB drive for easier reference.

| Wed 23 Oct 2019 9:25:49 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's been a while but if I remember correctly. You can use the Foxsat-HDR to access a connected USB drive by starting up edit mode. Look at the coloured buttons options at the bottom of the screen after pressing menu.

| Wed 23 Oct 2019 18:38:56 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.