My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

firmware the same as software?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Benedict

HI - I have a foxsatHDR and just linked it to my home network via the ethernet port but when trying to get iPLayer etc the screen tells me that it is not connected to the internet. I have checked the cable by connecting it to my laptop and all is good there so i was thinking it must be the Humax box itself that may be faulty OR maybe the software needs updating. Having checked, the software is fine as it updates automatically but i have seen mention on line about people updating firmware. Is this just another name for software? I hope someone can shed some light on this for me please. Many thanks.

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 15:42:24 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Yes firmware in the Humax diagnostics is referred to as software.

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 15:50:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Benedict

Thanks Grahm. That has cleared that up. Do you know of any standard/common reasons why my Humax will not recognise that it is connected to the internet? I have had it a couple of years but only tried this week to connect to the internet for tv.

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 15:54:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Benedict - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Do you know of any standard/common reasons why my Humax will not recognise that it is connected to the internet?

Perhaps you should start by describing your network e.g. do you have a router?

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 16:09:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Benedict

aaahh - i did some some more scooting about on your forum here and I realised i had to reboot .... so I did et voila./ Sorry to waste your time.

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 16:46:26 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.