My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

First Impressions, bugs & queries..

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocca

Hi All..

I've just received my new HDR-2000T from John Lewis and first impressions are good.

A few queries for any owners are...

- while pausing live TV, after about 20mins what appears to be some sort of power saving kicks in and it's impossible to start playback again, requiring reboot to bring back to life. Anyone else witnessed this ? I did also have a recording in progress.

- How do i do a firmware update ? Is it only over the air ? I cant seem to find any Downloads or instructions from Humax website.

- With current channel info on screen and you then change channel, the displayed channel numbers seems very intermittent, it either displays the correct channel number or just the digit 1.

- The device is not visible on the network to other DLNA devices to playback from, even thou it's enabled in settings (this may be because it was in standby so will double check this and report back).

- You Tube app dosent play back all formats, unable to play back VEVO videos.

Not exactly enough to make me send it back so hopefully a future FW update will address these.

On the plus side...
    + DLNA Playback brilliant from majority of video & photo files on my Synology NAS box (havent tried the music yet).

+ user interface very speedy and wife friendly, far better than that on my Foxsat HDR

+ BBC iPlayer works well.

Love to hear other users experiances.

--rocca

| Sun 24 Nov 2013 10:06:57 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Paused live tv - if remained paused for approx 3 minutes a screen saver in the form of a digital clock should appear, pressing play twice should start playback again.

No issues with channel number and info banner that I am aware of.

No software updates have been released publically for the HDR 2000T as yet, what software version does your unit have uploaded?

Unit has to be on for it to be visible on other devices.

| Sun 24 Nov 2013 11:13:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rocca

Thanks Barry for the warm welcome and responses.

FW on UKTFAC 1.00.07

Not sure if it shipped with that version or if it took an over the air update last night but ...

+ Channel Banner issue not a problem today all working fine.

+ DLNA Content is indeed available when powered on, thou it needed a push to see my network devices by the way of accessing YouTube via the TV Apps after power on before my NAS appeared under the blue button. I may have just been impatient waiting for it to get an ip address. Be nice if this was a standby option along with the RF loop through if Humax are listening.

+ Clock Screen Saver now showing as well as live pause working, even while recording. I am also getting a recording dot indication in the EPG now as well which was not their yesterday either.

I swear i am not making these up, my wife witnessed them as well, and we were not on the silly sauce

Loving this PVR, only thing i am missing now is remote record ability, and a few more catch up apps.
    Humax don't need to waste time and money on different mobile record apps, just host a webpage on the box with good mobile support and anyone craving this feature can surly configure port forwarding on their router and get themselves a static ip address or Dynamic DNS account.

Thanks Humax, it time to send my old Fetch TV box to the WEEE Bin, please don't go bust like they did.

| Sun 24 Nov 2013 13:19:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

snorkiet

I have no issues with seeing the HDR on my network via dlna when trying to play recorded tv. SD works fine but HD is not present to play. This may be a restriction in the dlna server against my tv profile. I have tried it on other dlna client devices including xbmc.

I also have an issue in that I cant browse network storage when a recording is taking place. This seems a limiting feature.

| Thu 28 Nov 2013 13:27:37 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Just installed our shiny new HDR-2000T without problems. Very similar in operation to an HDR-FOX T2 although the remote control buttons are rearranged; I do like the fact that the play and pause buttons which are separate on an HDR-FOX T2 have been combined into a single button. At the moment the HDR-2000T is connected to the aerial out of PVR-9200T. Signal strength levels for the two boxes are as follows:

Mux Channel HDR-2000 9200
    BBC A 22 47% 72%
    D3&4 25 52% 80%
    L-GMB 27 25% -
    BBC B 28 69% -
    SDN 30 51% 75%
    COM7 33 50% -
    ARQ A 53 51% 79%
    ARQ B 60 52% 80%

Signal quality is 100% in all cases except L-GMB (which is only a test transmission) and is quality 25%. So far all good. Any news on when the software update to give aerial pass through in standby will be available?

| Sun 29 Dec 2013 13:36:00 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.