My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR T2 - software for iPlayer fix

(11 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I have available a new software version for the HDR T2 to fix iplayer problem.

If you want to test it PM me and I'll provide link to software and further details re fix.

It involves uploading new software and a reset to default settings is necessary.

Edit:

Won't post a separate thread, but if anyone interested in HD T2 fix then PM me.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 15:27:52 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The latest version of software 1.03.13 is available from the Humax Support website:

https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?product_id=2641&curr_page=sw_release

| Sat 20 Mar 2021 11:41:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeJH

Hi I've recently installed the latest version of the custom firmware from hummy.tv would I still be able to install this?

| Sun 21 Mar 2021 22:15:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MikeJH - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi I've recently installed the latest version of the custom firmware from hummy.tv would I still be able to install this?

Yes but then you will lose the functionality of the custom firmware. If you look in the Beta section of the hummy.tv HDR-FOX T2 custom firmware forum there are links to a version of the custom firmware including the Humax fix.

| Mon 22 Mar 2021 0:38:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeJH

Thanks Martin. I believe that the TV Portal uses the hard disk for buffering on the i-Player so wouldn't work now anyway and I presume the 'absence' of a disk is why the Web interface won't download.

| Mon 22 Mar 2021 12:11:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

BJ321

Hi,
    Appologies - I'm new to this site - so not aware of any its history.

I have a HDR Fox T2 which I purchased circa 2011 and its still working brilliantly. I updated all the firmware avaiable at the time and for the next year or 2.

So can sombody just briefly please tell me what iPlayer problem this particular software update actually fixes.

Many Thanks

| Sat 11 Dec 2021 14:37:17 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

BJ321 - 1 hour ago  » 
    So can sombody just briefly please tell me what iPlayer problem this particular software update actually fixes.

A certificate in the authentication chain had expired so iPlayer was unusable and the fix just replaces it with a valid certificate as far as is known.

| Sat 11 Dec 2021 15:57:11 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

BJ321

Thanks Martin.

| Sat 11 Dec 2021 18:29:30 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teedoubleudee

Have I just wasted £15 on wi-fi dongle?

I've had a Humax HDR T2 for quite a while now (Also own a Foxsat product too). At one time I had a wired internet access but no longer. The HDR works fine but when I realised I could link via w-fi I purchased a dongle from TPS. It arrived yesterday and today I've installed it and linked it to my router - OK so far.

But when I go to the TV Portal nothing works (I say nothing though I can get some content via the internet radio app but that's all). I already had iPlayer app installed but whenever I click on it, it just reboots the HDR, no error message nothing. I have installed successfully f/w 1.03.13 but makes no difference.

Am I missing something here or have I just wasted £15 on a dongle?

Thanking you in advance for any help you may have.

| Tue 14 Jun 2022 13:29:15 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Teedoubleudee - 2 mnths ago  » 
    I already had iPlayer app installed but whenever I click on it, it just reboots the HDR, no error message nothing. I have installed successfully f/w 1.03.13 but makes no difference.

A new fault developed in April of this year. It was still failing about a week after your post. Although I haven't seen anything since your post about iPlayer on the HDR-FOX T2 now working, I've just tried it, and this latest issue has been fixed.

| Sun 14 Aug 2022 14:27:19 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.