My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Forces TV

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tv-tony

Hello All,
    Can anyone help me solve a problem I am having with LG HR939 (lg)? The issue only happens with Forces TV. I am able to record any program on Forces via the EPG, I am able to play them back, but when I try and use the "copy" to an external hard drive they don't appear in the list.This only happens on Forces, the other strange thing is when I bring them up on the "recorded list" none of the Forces listings do not show a "thumb" of what you recorded. But there is a rectangular box displayed.
    This box does not show on any other program. I can't extract the material by other methods because this recorder is HDMI only.

This takes me back to Macrovision in the 80's, could freeview be doing the same!

| Sun 26 Nov 2017 18:25:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

tv-tony

Right, I was mistaken, Vintage TV is the same, it looks as if certain channels are blocked for copying purposes. Has anyone else found this.

| Sun 26 Nov 2017 18:39:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

tv-tony - 25 minutes ago  » 
    Right, I was mistaken, Vintage TV is the same, it looks as if certain channels are blocked for copying purposes. Has anyone else found this.

Forces TV is broadcast on the COM8 HD multiplex and Vintage TV on the COM7 HD multiplex. I would guess that the programs are marked as HD in the metadata (even though the content may only be SD) and this is restricting the ability to copy NB only a guess.

| Sun 26 Nov 2017 19:07:16 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 12 minutes ago  » 

tv-tony - 25 minutes ago  » 

Forces TV is broadcast on the COM8 HD multiplex and Vintage TV on the COM7 HD multiplex. I would guess that the programs are marked as HD in the metadata (even though the content may only be SD) and this is restricting the ability to copy NB only a guess.

I would say it's a very good guess. Unfortunately I don't have COM 7 and Com 8 so can't even check if say a FVP-5000T considers it as HD.

Basically everything using DVB-T2 is copy protected regardless of resolution.

Barry might be able to oblige

| Sun 26 Nov 2017 19:22:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tv-tony

Thanks both,
    Been out of the TV game a few years now but it sounds feasible what you are saying. As I said, I am able to do recordings (hd\sd) to the internal hard drive so I'm not totally stuck regarding archiving material. Thanks again.
    Tony Walker

| Sun 26 Nov 2017 19:31:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

During recording on a HDR-FOX T2 I have get the 'Enc' symbol displayed on the HD channels, but not with Forces Tv or Vintage TV. Although the encryption and the copy protection flags are separate this suggests that the protected flags are unlikely to be used for those two channels.
    Possibly the LG HR939 is not following the freeview spec regarding how to decide whether something is copy protected or not.

| Sun 26 Nov 2017 19:39:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

tv-tony

The service manual may list the specifications. I'll see tomorrow. Thanks.
    My smart tv, also LG, permits recording to an external drive. I thought I'd cracked it but before you can use it on the tv it formats it to non windows, and you have to format the hd to the tv.

| Sun 26 Nov 2017 20:46:37 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.