My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Format to play photos?

(15 posts)
  1. Davy

Davy

special member

What format do I need to change my photos to view in pics on a 1010s?

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 17:53:56 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jpeg. Ideally cropped to 16:9 and scaled to 1920 x 1080 pixels.

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 18:03:47 #2 |
  3. Davy

Davy

special member

My photos are standard JPEG but unit says it cannot play in this format for some reason...

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 19:29:56 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can you upload a sample to the free Skydrive file share site or attach it to a reply if it's not too large for this site ?

Without an example to play with it's very hard to know what the problem might be.

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 19:42:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Davy - 1 hour ago  » 
    My photos are standard JPEG but unit says it cannot play in this format for some reason...

Common problem on the 1000S. I have never been able to get jpegs to display.

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 20:33:44 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 4 minutes ago  » 

Davy - 1 hour ago  » 

Common problem on the 1000S. I have never been able to get jpegs to display.

Same comment, without an example how is anyone.

1 Be able to reproduce the issue (there are so many variations on the jpeg format (File size, progressive display, pixel dimensions, aspect ratio and so on) ?

2 Be able to try various variations to at least try and identify the issue ?

These days with cameras capable of enormous 24Mp images intended for enormous prints way beyond the capability of a TV to display, it's not that surprising that the box might struggle.

Never used the box to display jpegs as I Have so many other ways of doing this.

Perhaps you might also post an example.

Have you tried any variations to try and identify the issue ?

EG

Resize the picture in steps to see if the resolution/file size is the issue.

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 20:51:47 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I had some problems on the Foxsat where those that did not work would work if edited (without changes) and saved. The saved copies were fine.

My guess is that the edit changes something in the start of frame segment which the Foxsat liked.

On my HDR-1000S I have only imported the same pictures which all work.

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 21:24:11 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I spent considerable time on this jpeg problem, and also the problems of playing MP3s and streaming AVIs and never did resolve any of them entirely. All fully documented on the official Freesat site. My post was deleted. Gave up, my little 80 Pounds media player does it all perfectly.

| Sun 8 Jun 2014 8:28:39 #8 |
  9. Davy

Davy

special member

I get a very small picture of the photo I want to see saying it won't support this type of format. It will play on other players I have like my roku 3 but I wanted it on here but seemingly it won't show it.
    My sig is one I wanted as my 11 year old border collie died last week and I wanted to see the pis of him full screen.

| Sun 8 Jun 2014 10:08:34 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Davy - 2 hours ago  » 
    I get a very small picture of the photo I want to see saying it won't support this type of format. It will play on other players I have like my roku 3 but I wanted it on here but seemingly it won't show it.
    My sig is one I wanted as my 11 year old border collie died last week and I wanted to see the pis of him full screen.

Can you put a picture up on the web somewhere (Skydrive/) and post the link. Will try and get it to work for you.

| Sun 8 Jun 2014 12:43:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.