My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Fox T2 as a server?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jailhouse2

I have just bought a Humax HDR Fox T2 and would like to record HD TV programs on the Humax in my lounge and then stream them wirelessly to my TV upstairs.

Does anyone know if you can stream HD recorded programs and other media from one Humax HDR Fox T2 to another. Alternatively will the Humax stream recorded HD TV to a Sony PlayStation 3 or some other media streaming receiver.

| Tue 27 Dec 2011 18:54:20 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can stream HD content from a HDR FOX T2 to another Humax Freeview HD box. Whether you can do it wirelessly is a different question, easiest way is three homeplug adaptors. Recent purchase for me (now have my Foxsat-hdr networked )

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_9&products_id=113205&PHPSESSID=d8squkuh79h3ja4kntlk81gtv5

One by each box and one by your router should do the trick

| Tue 27 Dec 2011 19:15:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jailhouse2 - 39 minutes ago  » 
    Alternatively will the Humax stream recorded HD TV to a Sony PlayStation 3 or some other media streaming receiver.

The HDR will send HD to any client that supports DLNA and DTCP-IP; currently the only client that meets that specification is the FOX-HD T2 but I would expect the choice to widen over the coming year.

| Tue 27 Dec 2011 19:40:21 #3 |
  4. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

You might want to read up on my HD-FOX T2 blog post here: http://myhumax.org/blog/?p=540

You can get two wireless adaptors (from Humax Direct, I expect) to stream from the HDR to the HD.

There is an issue streaming recordings over 4GB in size to the HDR and HD - i.e. you can't at the moment - a bug will stop the playback when the 4GB limit is reached.

| Tue 27 Dec 2011 20:24:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jailhouse2

Thanks for the advice on this. I have now bought a HD-FOX T2 and it works fine (except for the streaming limits)as a client to the HDR-FOX T2, exactly what I wanted. I have connected both to my PC network with Ethernet cable and ditched the Humax wireless dongle.

Additional bonus is that I can now stream music from my PC to my HiFi system. Pity it's only MP3 though. I'd be interested in hearing what a WAV of FLAC file sounded like.

Any chance for this in the future?

| Tue 10 Jan 2012 17:42:39 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.