My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Fox T2 Hd Signal from Bluebell Hill

(7 posts)
  1. Lillie

Lillie

I recently purchased the HDR Fox T2 and connected to my Sony Bravia KDL-32D3000/32D3010 TV, I connect to Bluebell Hill Transmitter and get an excellent SD picture. However if I try to watch the HD channels the picture breaks up and quite badly at times so I have given up on the HD for now, I did check on the Freeview site before purchasing the box and the site said the the HD went live on the 20 July 2011, could it be that the signal needs to bed in or should it get better when the turn off happens next June.

Could someone also tell me if it is better to tune the box to DVB-T or DVB-T2. At present it is tuned to DVB-T.

| Tue 6 Sep 2011 19:17:23 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DVB-T for the SD mux. DVB-T2 for the HD one

| Tue 6 Sep 2011 20:49:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

reslfj

Bluebell Hill does not get the HD mux before DSO2 at 27-06-2012.

You may enter your postcode on the page linked above and hope you can get the HD mux from Crystal Palace or Sudbury.

Lars

| Wed 7 Sep 2011 16:45:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dearleuk

Hello

We get our signal from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter and I believe that from Sunday, we'll be able to get a HD signal from there.

If I do a reset to defaults, will the Humax automaticaly select the correct DVB-T or DVB-T2? Or would I be better doing a manual tune?

Thanks

| Thu 8 Sep 2011 15:54:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dearleuk - 1 hour ago  » 
    If I do a reset to defaults, will the Humax automaticaly select the correct DVB-T or DVB-T2?

Try an automatic retune; if not satisfied with the results then do a manual tune. When manual tuning you must specify the correct transmission type for the MUX.

| Thu 8 Sep 2011 17:03:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dearleuk

Thanks Martin

| Thu 8 Sep 2011 17:44:27 #6 |
  7. Lillie

Lillie

Hi, can you please tell me if the HD channels are available from Bluebell Hill yet, and if it is can you tell me what the channel numbers are as I have to Manually tune my box, because autotune brings back too many channels as per earlier posts.

| Fri 23 Mar 2012 20:36:38 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.