My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Fox T2 Recording problem

(15 posts)
  1. Lillie

Lillie

Can anyone help me, I have a Fox T2 and if I try to record 2 programmes at the same time, one of them fails. I am not watching another channel, as when this is scheduled for I tend to watch TV through my TV's own tuner.

| Fri 4 Nov 2011 20:08:22 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Is that a HDR FOX T2 or a HD FOX T2 ?

| Fri 4 Nov 2011 20:16:42 #2 |
  3. Lillie

Lillie

It's a HDR Fox T2.

| Fri 4 Nov 2011 20:21:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Lillie - 1 hour ago  » 
    It's a HDR Fox T2.

When it is recording one program are you able to watch (via the box) any channel or is the choice of channels available limited? If so then the most likely explanation is that a tuner is faulty and you should contact Humax.

| Fri 4 Nov 2011 21:24:32 #4 |
  5. Lillie

Lillie

Could this also be the reason we sometimes get picture breakup or is this just down to the transmitter we connect to?

| Fri 4 Nov 2011 21:43:42 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Display the channel list, have you channels at 801 and higher ?

| Fri 4 Nov 2011 22:22:48 #6 |
  7. Lillie

Lillie

Yes, goes up to 830.

| Fri 4 Nov 2011 22:34:08 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Thats your problem, As more transmiters increase power after analogue closes down digital transmitters you could not receive previously can now be found by your aerial,

Digital TV is transmitted using the same frequencies used by analogue TV. On analogue 1 UHF frequency equals 1 TV channel. In digital one UHF frequency equals lots of channels (Known as a MUX (short for multiplex). UHF channels in the UK start at 21 and go up to 68.

If you start a autotune it starts at 21 and checks every uhf channel it finds up to 68. If it finds an acceptable signal it stores it your channel list/epg. If it finds another it stores them starting at channel 800 and up. In your case the channels you need are likely now stored in the 800 plus numbers.

This causes major problems with pvrs.

The solution is fortunately easy but it requires that we know what your local transmitter is. If you know simply post the name, if not tell us roughly where live so we can identify your local transmitter. The easiest solution then is a factory reset and a manual tune to the 6 uhf frequencies used by your best transmitter.

| Sat 5 Nov 2011 0:29:09 #8 |
  9. Lillie

Lillie

My local transmitter is Bluebell hill but we can also get Anglian. We live in Gillingham, Kent.

| Sat 5 Nov 2011 15:02:03 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Blubell Hill has no HD service until 2012 (DSO). Anglia would indicate either Tacolneston or Sandy Heath which seems unlikely in Guildford.

Using a random post code for Guildford your most likely transmitter is Guildford itself - No HD service until 18 april 2012.

If you are using this your aerial will be mounted with the elements vertical.

To use this transmitter carry out a factory reset and decline an autotune. Select manual tune check type is set to DVB-T and scan the following channels in turn

49 44 41 47 54 51

The alternative is Crystal Palace which requires your aerial to be horizontal. CP has a temporary low power HD service which you may find difficult to view

Do as above using these numbers

25 22 32 34 29 28

Change the mode to DVB-T2 (For the HD service)

Scan 31

Note if you can't get the HD service ota updates won't be actioned

| Sat 5 Nov 2011 15:46:51 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.