My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxat behaving strangely help needed.

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Music4fun

Hi everyone. I have a Humax foxat which is behaving very strange. I have just put a 1tb hd in and when I setup series records it is recording on way too many channels. Also some of the schedule recording as being deleted but some remain. It just seems to be picking Chanel’s at random and not recording others. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the problem may be. I have 100% on both signal strength and quality.
    Thanks in advance

| Fri 22 Oct 2021 20:04:26 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Some questions :
    Did you let the Foxsat format the disk?
    What model is the disk, If new is it set to 3Gb/s?
    Are you running the custom firmware and if so do you use the channel editor?
    Are the channels being excessively recorded BBC or ITV regions?

| Sat 23 Oct 2021 12:09:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Music4fun - 16 hours ago  » 
    I have a Humax foxat which is behaving very strange. I have just put a 1tb hd in

Please could you tell us which make and model of hard drive you have fitted?

| Sat 23 Oct 2021 12:40:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Music4fun

Sorry for the slow reply. I used a WD 1tb Green Drive. I have been informed by me CEX shop that this was a "poor" drive to use for this purpose? I got (at a reasonable price of £25) a 2tb seagate barracuda drive and installed it and waited about 1 1/2 hours for it to format. That was before I read the post that said the fixate could only format uo to a 1tb drive. Schoolboy error!!! I haven't got any custom firmware installed. The Green Drive just seems to be "loosing" scheduled programs and then the humax kept loosing the hd.
    I have put to old Seagate 500 gig pipeline drive back in atm. I can now change these drives with my eyes closed using a piece of cheese to entice them out of the case

| Sat 23 Oct 2021 19:46:37 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Current disks need to be slowed down for the foxsat you need to connect a jumper between pins five and six. The green drive should then be fine.

| Sat 23 Oct 2021 20:02:44 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Music4fun

Thanks for your reply. I returned the green drive to CEX yesterday so I have just put the foxats only 1tb pipeline drive in atm. You mentioned about the Channel editor. Do I need that to remove channels and where can I get that from please thanks.

| Sun 24 Oct 2021 7:58:41 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I only mentioned the channel editor as there can be complications if the Foxsat is not put in standby every night for housekeeping.

It is a while back since I had a Foxsat but I think you can 'delete' channels or hide them anyway via settings. A common use is to delete unwanted regions so that multiple regions do not record when the BBC or ITV use the same series and episode codes across regions.

| Sun 24 Oct 2021 10:10:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Music4fun

Hi Repassac. I tried a 2tb hd in yesterday before reading that this machine will only accept a 1 tb drive as max (explains why it wouldn’t complete the formatting!
    I have put the original 500tb drive back in and surrendered on the hd swap issue.
    I have also removed some channels as what you say could happen with multiple recordings of the same prog were happening and I wasn’t aware about leaving the machine in standby after setting up the series records. Thanks for that info and your help. Norman

| Mon 25 Oct 2021 9:25:32 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.