My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat 360 No signal fails on postcode after reset

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dorwyn

Box failed while we were away. Media/recorded stuff still showed and worked ok. Decided to do a factory reset, it got as far as entering the postcode, the code showing was correct, but it was declared illegal. Couldn't get past this point. The meter showed no signal, so I replaced the Humax HDR with a Sky HDR, which worked fine. Then I wondered if perhaps the Humax was not putting enough power up to the 6-LNB.so I had the LNB tested, output was fine.So I do not know where to go next.

| Tue 19 Oct 2021 20:14:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dorwyn

I forgot to say that I now have a borrowed Humax working OK, so it is not the signal, must be the unit. I do not not how to go about a hard reset, which I am told might be needed, I would prefer not to lose my saved files on the HD, but will if necesary

| Tue 19 Oct 2021 20:44:05 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It is a long time since I had a Foxsat-HDR. Somehow you need to exit setup and access the menu. The reset will be in system settings.

It you need to try and recover your recordings the HD ones will not be possible unless you are running custom software with nowsters patch.

| Wed 20 Oct 2021 7:02:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dorwyn

Thank you for your prompt reply. It's good of you. I will investigate the custom software thing is, unless you can point me?

| Wed 20 Oct 2021 12:01:11 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You can find the custom firmware at:
    https://www.avforums.com/threads/media-file-server-bundle-for-the-foxsat-hdr-release-4-part-6.2024876/

Note that Nowster's patch will only ensure FUTURE HD recordings are not encrypted.

The custom firmware adds many new features to the Humax firmware which is unchanged.

| Thu 21 Oct 2021 7:59:31 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dorwyn

Someone said it was probably a software problem. So I disconnected everything, left it a day or two, reconnected having taken off and replaced the HD leads, fully expecting to reprogram it with the update you posted. It booted up easily and all is well. I don't know! I didn't get as far as reloading the update you suggested. But I will in due time, having enjoyed or transferred some recorded things. Just in case the update goes wrong! Thanks again.

| Sun 24 Oct 2021 17:48:47 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.