My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HD not working

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pish

First, please note I am not tech-savvy:(

I don't know if there is a model number but it is a Foxsat HD box which is several years old.
    Software Version HPRSFCI 1.00.21
    Loader Version U 7.52
    Update date 27 July 2012

A week ago, watching a recording, I noticed a green screen flickering into the recording. When I went back to the HD box, the remote was unresponsive and also the buttons on the box were unresponsive. There was a banner on the TV screen showing the programme details.

None of the cables have been moved since the box was installed. We also have a DVD and Surround Sound.

Playing around with it, husband removed the arial from the back and hey presto, the remote has started to respond. Nothing on the TV of course (because the arial is out). We can now get to the Humax menu, but of course can't try a software download (no arial).

The TV works OK in it's own right. The TV works without the arial.
    Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

| Sat 16 Apr 2016 22:42:24 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi Pish.

Welcome to our forum .

Need to clarify exactly which box you have.

The software details shows the most likely box you have is a Foxsat-HDR (Not a Foxsat-HD). This is is a satellite box so does not have an aerial.

Assuming you mean disconnected the aerial from the TV, this has no effect on the satellite box or it's software download. There is no software update for a Foxsat-HDR.

Big guess the problem is a poorly screened TV aerial lead. Ideally replace with a better quality one. In the meantime try replacing the aerial cable but route it as far as possible from the Foxsat HDMI cable.

http://www.ebuyer.com/193821-hdmi-cable-1-4-black-2m-plex-v1-42m?gclid=Cj0KEQjw6My4BRD4ssKGvYvB-YsBEiQAJYd77TA31qcgPxBfg7nvzreNmVgyZ0xsaEa8gtTWPBBiWNYaAggC8P8HAQ#fo_c=951&fo_k=828bc8f40352e22f39cf68e4d1f69039&fo_s=gplauk?mkwid=sWA3N2WiH_dc&pcrid=51630194939&pkw=&pmt=

| Sun 17 Apr 2016 10:13:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pish

Hi Graham, thank you for the reply. I have been getting some help from another forum, none have mentioned the TV aerial lead.

Yes, it is the FoxSat-HDR that we have. The aerial that plugs into the TV we have not taken out. The two cables that go into the box are the ones that are apparently causing problems. With the cables in, the remote and the buttons on the box do not work. If you take the cables out, the remote works. You can change channels and get to previously recorded programmes. Plug the cables back in and you can watch either the recording or the channel you have changed to, including an HD channel.

We are going to go through the recordings to see if there is something that we want to watch, when we have done that we were going to try a factory reset. I will tell husband about the aerial thing that you mentioned.

| Sun 17 Apr 2016 14:55:10 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Check the F connectors at the end of the cable are properly fitted they make an electrical circuit to the LNB at the end of the dish arm. It is important that no part of the outer shielding touches the inner core.

| Sun 17 Apr 2016 15:46:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pish

Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately, following Factory Reset, we now have no remote or box button control at all. With or without the cables!

We give up. We are now researching wifi TVs.

Thanks for your help.

| Sun 17 Apr 2016 16:11:50 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.