My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

foxsat HDR

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

simon.h

I have had a foxsat HDR 500GB PVR fitted. It will not get past postcode, I have tried several others. I live in NE London. It is connected va a 60cm dish which gives 85/100% strength and quality. It has downloade over 450 various channels including of course all the regional ones. It is receiving ok on the Eurobird 28.2. I can't find BBC HD and when i checked the transponder for 10847 V 23000 there was no signal. All the others seemed fine.
    The EPG is not loading properly, it comes up only after pressing the channel and then only for a couple of hours ahead.
    ITV HD is there and a good picture.
    Is this a box problem as the dish strength seems good.
    Any suggestions?

| Wed 9 May 2012 15:20:40 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. Most likely reason, you have a local source of rf interference around 10847. Try turning off anything wifi especially wireless routers (BT Home Hubs are well known for creating this sort of problem), also try cordless phones. Moving or just re-orientating any kit you find may help.

| Wed 9 May 2012 15:26:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

simon.h

no router nearby or landline now, as i had Virgin removed and replaced with freesat.

| Wed 9 May 2012 15:31:04 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

simon.h - 51 seconds ago  » 
    no router nearby or landline now, as i had Virgin removed and replaced with freesat.

Try turning it off anyway, if you have one it may be near the lnb. It could be even at a neighbours. The loss of the BBC-HD transponder is most odd. It's a 1N transponder and it's pretty strong in the UK. When you checked did you select DVB-S2 ?

| Wed 9 May 2012 15:35:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

simon.h

no, does that come up automatically when you select the transponder?

| Wed 9 May 2012 15:52:26 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

simon.h - 20 minutes ago  » 
    no, does that come up automatically when you select the transponder?

Hang on I will check for you when the better half has finished watching. In any case if you go into manual tune and select the all transponders and then up (or scroll to the the end of the list) you can add any transponder and the box will display quality and signal strength. For refernce my 60cm gives 100/100 for all 28.2 channels. Eutelsat28A (28.5E) is not as strong.

| Wed 9 May 2012 16:16:11 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.