My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR 1010S doing weird things

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dnwigley

My White Foxsat box/freetime freesat box is giving me lots of problems. Handshaking in HDMI - I loose sound sometimes. Picture goes blank and says no signal - I have put a brand new dish up with a 8 output lmp which improved the signal but I now get the odd outage it is worse away from the main 3 channels. Also last night I got a garbled picture at the top of the screen which required me to uplug it all and wait 30 seconds before plugging it in again. It is very frustrating. I would have said it was power related. I looked for a replacement but it seems I have the best already! Anyone else had these issuessss?

| Wed 1 Jul 2015 16:47:37 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

can you give some examples of the signal levels you get on say BBC2 HD (expecially quality). Also your rough location, and if an amp is connected or not.

Plus does the sound problem only happen on HD channels?

| Wed 1 Jul 2015 17:38:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dnwigley

I have good on signal and quality on both tuners and the bars are the highest I have seen. Last night it decided to switch itself off! Sound problem occurs on non HD channels don't watch much HD. My location is Surrey and I have no amp. Thanks

| Thu 2 Jul 2015 19:32:56 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

What channel/region did you get the problem on?
    A switch off after 3 hours is the default setting (EEC requirement, changeable). It was not that?

The garbled pictures can you describe it more - e.g. blocking.
    This normally affects the whole screen.

| Thu 2 Jul 2015 20:19:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dnwigley

It can be channel 4 (7) or bbc 1,2 or itv the picture pauses the comes up with the no signal. The garbled picture was just noise and purple mainly at the top of the screen. With regard to auto power down I have mine set to switch off at midnight and I note the power saving feature was on so I have turned that off. Also checked for an update for the firmware and there is none

| Thu 2 Jul 2015 20:27:15 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

dnwigley - 1 hour ago  » 
    It can be channel 4 (7) or bbc 1,2 or itv the picture pauses the comes up with the no signal. The garbled picture was just noise and purple mainly at the top of the screen. With regard to auto power down I have mine set to switch off at midnight and I note the power saving feature was on so I have turned that off. Also checked for an update for the firmware and there is none

"The garbled picture was just noise and purple mainly at the top of the screen." Never seen this before - check HDMI cable and TV settings also. Anyone any idea's?

| Thu 2 Jul 2015 21:29:05 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.