My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

foxsat hdr

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

coffindodger

Can anybody help, Ive set up foxsat hdr all seems wel but cant configure ethernet,lead is connected light is flashing on modem as if its talking to box but cannot get any results gone into modem settings checked connected but only shows laptop and ps3 no box any sujestions gladly received.

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 17:39:02 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Can you access the iplayer?
    Do you have a DHCP server on the router?

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 17:49:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

coffindodger

at iplayer says no internet when i go into settings to set up connection it wont find anything in dhcp but will let me manually config as far as router goes im sure it has dhcp evey thing else i connect it findssuch as laptop wired or wireless ebox - ps3 im at a loss not the brightest with IT protacols but usually not stumpped like this

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 18:40:04 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

coffindodger

just checked router again is definately dhcp enable

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 18:42:43 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

coffindodger - 1 hour ago  » 
    just checked router again is definately dhcp enable

Something is wrong - I would suggest you try again with DHCP, which if enabled should get you access to the iplayer which will confirm internet connectivity and access to a DNS server.

Does the PS3 and Laptop get addresses via DHCP?

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 20:14:35 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

coffindodger

anything i connect auto works just the fox that doesnt seem to want to know thanks anyway will keep trying been at it all bloomin day as for humax sent them email up to now theres no reply do you know if the fox should be showing lights at ethernet at point back of box?

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 20:50:29 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

coffindodger - 47 minutes ago  » 
    anything i connect auto works just the fox that doesnt seem to want to know thanks anyway will keep trying been at it all bloomin day as for humax sent them email up to now theres no reply do you know if the fox should be showing lights at ethernet at point back of box?

It is standard to show a green light at the rear if connected electicaly, it will flash green yellow/orange depending on the relative speeds of the two connections.

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 21:43:01 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

coffindodger

thanks ill check it later cant do much when the wifes watching soaps lol

| Fri 23 Nov 2012 21:47:10 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

coffindodger

Got a green solid and orange flickering so tells me that its at least trying to connect the more i try the worse my head hurts all is becoming as clear as mud lol

| Sat 24 Nov 2012 0:53:17 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

coffindodger

connected the ethernetcable from fox hdr to my lap top-- laptop connected to internet modem wirelessly all works to get bbci player + itv,, reconnected to modem direct cable to foxhdr no joy not sure where im going wrong think its got to be in router setting 1am heads a shed going to bed gnt

| Sat 24 Nov 2012 2:02:50 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.