My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

foxsat hdr

(16 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You need to connect the cable from the Foxsast to your router.

| Sat 24 Nov 2012 9:38:37 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

coffindodger

I did but got no result with direct connection that was when i had the idea to go via the laptop ie- foxsat to laptop with ethernet lead laptop to internet via wireless connection to router doing this worked fine for both iplayer & itv ondemand. which servse to proove the problem is no with fox but with router setting cos when i reverted back to ethernet cable direct from fox to router no connetion to internet was found went through all router settings could not find anything amiss

| Sat 24 Nov 2012 11:13:30 #12 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The poblem with using the laptop is it has 1 ip address and the foxsat needs its own. I doubt you are running a DHCP server or know sufficient to set a routing table on both your router and laptop. The loptop would also need to be configered to allow traffic between the two adapters (wifi and cable)

On the router check DHCP is enabled. Then check on the Foxsat (Setup>Diag>Network) that it has an ip address and the green light at the rear on the Foxsat ethernet port is lit.

| Sat 24 Nov 2012 11:51:13 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dandnsmith

You won't be able to go FoxSat to Laptop to router to internet unless you set the laptop to share its internet connection (which can be a fiddly procedure, and some people have trouble with it).
    Have you tried other ethernet connection cables and different router ports in order to eliminate some error possibilities?

Derek

| Sat 24 Nov 2012 11:54:22 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

coffindodger

router is set dhcp on going through laptop i enabled allow other to connect to internet through through laptop this is basics the fox once connected to lap top ethernet port worked for iplayer and itv catchup--- but if i connect ethernet from fox to router without laptop it becomes invisable doesnt show in network connections on router and through settings on fox will not configure dhcp. i have 3 routers same thing on all have tried variouse different ethernet cables still living in hope of a solution green lights on orange flickering

| Sat 24 Nov 2012 15:08:32 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

coffindodger

Thanks for all advice given after many attempts it has finaly allowed me to config manualy and is now working all being well that should be that thanks again for your support.

| Sat 24 Nov 2012 15:23:30 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.