My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR-320Gb Tuner module

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

CageyH

Hello all. I have joined up in search of guidance.
    I am based near Toulouse, and use my Foxsat HDR for Freesat reception.
    Recently I have been suffering from poor reception and failed recordings. I replaced the LNB, and checked the dish alignment using a Satlink WS6908SE digital meter.

I was getting good reception on Tuner 2, but Tuner 1 is down to 30% signal strength. Upon opening the box, I saw evidence of water ingress, so something is obviously not good.

I am planning on fitting a foam core cable soon (Webro WF100) to stop this happening again. I have also measured for corrosion of the f type sockets, and the resistance measures the same across LNB 1 & 2, so obviously there is an issue with a SMD for Tuner 1.

The easiest thing for me to do is to replace the tuner module, if I can find one. Does anybody know where I can get one from?
    I don’t watch much TV, but with the confinement currently in place , it would be nice to have that option.
    I am also happy to get a 2nd hand one if somebody has a bricked machine with a good tuner in it. Replacement Freesat boxes are a bit expensive right now.

| Wed 15 Apr 2020 10:36:58 #1 |
  2. Paul_D

Paul_D

I have just had a look at the advanced search options in eBay where you can look at what has sold and for how much over the last three months.

I noticed that Foxsat HDR's tend to sell for between £50 and £150, however, the Foxsat HD's (non-recording) tend to go for about £5 to £15.

As a suggestion, perhaps you could buy a cheap Foxsat HD and use the components in it to repair your Foxsat HDR.

I would like to stress that I have no idea if the tuners are the same or even compatible, however, for £10, it is probably worth a go.

Maybe some of the more experienced members of the forum who are familiar with the inside of both boxes could elaborate on whether this is a feasible option?

| Fri 17 Apr 2020 15:30:20 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I thought the HD model is single tuner not dual?

| Fri 17 Apr 2020 15:48:42 #3 |
  4. Paul_D

Paul_D

It is, but if CageyH is good with electronics, he may to able to experiment with it for troubleshooting purposes and also possibly utilise the components (SMD's) on the tuner board (if they are are the same).

| Fri 17 Apr 2020 16:22:10 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Having seen the board he will have to be an absolute expert. The motherboard needs to be removed as the very first step.

| Fri 17 Apr 2020 17:29:52 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

CageyH

The Foxsat HD is indeed single tuner. It is beyond my capability to transplant it into my HDR.
    I can’t find a new card, and the option is to buy an overpriced HDR, or wait until the new Freesat boxes come out.

I think I will wait.

I have just fitted some new Webro WF100 to avoid any new occurrences.

| Fri 17 Apr 2020 18:21:59 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

CageyH - 41 mins ago  » 
    The Foxsat HD is indeed single tuner. It is beyond my capability to transplant it into my HDR.
    I can’t find a new card, and the option is to buy an overpriced HDR, or wait until the new Freesat boxes come out.
    I think I will wait.
    I have just fitted some new Webro WF100 to avoid any new occurrences.

Good move.

| Fri 17 Apr 2020 19:03:34 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.