My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR and Humax App

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philipmnaylor

Is it possible to set up my Foxsat HDR so that I can control it through my network using the Humax App?

| Fri 17 Feb 2017 22:45:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

If you google 'humax app' the first page returned has this information:

The boxes that are currently compatible are:

HUMAX HB-1000S Freesat Smart TV Box - (you'll need to connect an external hard drive via USB for recordings)
    HUMAX HDR-1000S Freesat Smart TV Recorder (500GB, 1TB and 2TB versions)
    HUMAX HDR-1010S Smart TV Recorder
    HUMAX HDR-1100S Freesat Smart TV Recorder (500GB, 1TB and 2TB versions)

No mention of the foxsat hdr so the answer is no. If you haven't done so already I'd install Raydon's custom firmware (CF). Once installed it'll allow a better understanding of what is and isn't possible. Welcome to the forum

| Sat 18 Feb 2017 5:08:53 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

As Damian says install the CF. You can then access the Foxsat using a standard web browser using anything with a Web Server, includes smart phones and tablets as well as PC's (The Custom Firmare adds a web server to the box)

| Sat 18 Feb 2017 10:52:30 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philipmnaylor

Thank you for the replies. Both quite clear. I am a complete novice with this and so want to be sure I fully understand that I know what I will get when I flash it to the HDR.

I have downloaded the CF file, unzipped it and popped it on a USB stick. Once the new CF is set up on the HDR, do I need to access the HDR from my laptop or tablet by typing in the IP address of the HDR each time I want to access it via the network (presumably, I can add this as a favourite)? By doing so, do I get an interface on the Laptop / PC Browser that allows me to view the EPG and set recordings?

Is it possible that the HDR be detected automatically on the network by other software, such as the Humax App and can such an App then be used as the interface to set recordings and to apply reminders?

I hope there are not too many questions. I do appreciate the assistance.

| Sat 18 Feb 2017 17:57:38 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You can add a favourite and also add an icon to your desktop if you wish. It's just a website like any other you connect to with your browser. And yes you can view, search the epg and schedule recordings. For technical reasons recordings set via the Webif require the box to be re-booted to load the extra reservations (all done via the webif).

On first login the rest of the Custom Firmware will be downloaded to your Foxsat. After this process reboot your Foxsat-HDR. When booting the Foxsat you will see the CF version on your box.

You now need to install any additional packages you may want. If you install Samba then the Foxsat hard drive will appear in Windows explorers network drives. You can copy files directly to and from using drag and drop or copy and paste same as any other drives you have on your PC. Install one of the DLNA server packages you can view your Foxsat recordings on other kit like a tablet/smartphone with a DLNA client app attached.

Don't miss the documentation (books) page it has a lot of info on what the various packages can do.

There is also a pair of remote control apps that you can control the box using WiFi, handy if you have it's output viewable on other TV's.

The Humax app is no help to you and in fact can't do many of the things the CF allows.

Check how to enable telnet in your version of Windows, it's very handy to access the Foxsat at the command prompt level.

Basically once you have telnet, open a CMD window and type telnet xxxxx (Your box IP address).

Check your PM's.

| Sat 18 Feb 2017 18:22:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philipmnaylor

Ok, so I have loaded the CF and it works really well. i am very pleased with the functionality and it all set itself up very quickly and easily. We have also created desktop shortcuts on a couple of Pads and they work well too. Thank you very much.

| Sun 19 Feb 2017 19:08:12 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Philipmnaylor - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Ok, so I have loaded the CF and it works really well. i am very pleased with the functionality and it all set itself up very quickly and easily. We have also created desktop shortcuts on a couple of Pads and they work well too. Thank you very much.

Excellent news. It's a credit to the developers that they made it so easy to install and use. Basically most credit goes to Raydon and AF123 (who was largely responsible for the similar CF for the Foxsat-HDR).

I also have to give a massive thanks to DAVID500 who made it possible for my Foxsat to e-mail me with changes to the Foxsat channel line up.

| Sun 19 Feb 2017 19:24:52 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.