My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

FOXSAT HDR bad signal

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mickeymouse135

Hi, I hope someone can help me - I am not technically minded at all but I switched recently from using the integrated freesat on my Panasonic Viera TV, and bought a HUMAX FOXSAT HDR for my hubby for Christmas, so that we could record programmes. I read the installation guide and don't really understand how I can set it up - to avoid the problem when we are currently recording one programme - and try to watch another channel and we get the message - no or bad signal. I assume that I need to split the incoming cable with a thingamajig (extent of my knowledge on this!). At the moment the satellite cable is connected to the LNB1 IN point, but there is also an LNB1 OUT and an LNB2 IN point on the box.

Any help gratefully received as to how I proceed or what thingamajig I need to purchase! Merci!

| Fri 1 Feb 2013 12:24:26 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The Foxsat is designed to have two feeds from a LNB (the thing at the end of the arm on the dish). It is not possible to do this by splitting a cable as control signals are sent to the LNB.
    It is possible to use only one cable (with limitations) but the Foxsat will assume you have a very short lead from LNB1 OUT to LNB2 IN. As you do not have this present you get the bad signal problem.

| Fri 1 Feb 2013 12:40:11 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.