My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR Crashes

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Strat

My HDR will occasionally crash requiring power to be switched off and back on again.
    I have the latest firmware 1.00.20 installed.
    My daughter's did the same and was returned under warranty, mine is out of warranty.
    When it crashes it will not respond to the remote or any buttons on the front of the unit.
    Either it's an overheating problem, a faulty component or a bug in the firmware.

| Sun 24 Jun 2012 22:50:19 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gonzo

Model FOX-HDR T2
    I've got exactly the same problem as Strat. While the problem is active, the buttons on the box don't work either.
    An alternative symptom is that, while watching, I suddenly get a black screen, with the message "No programs are currently being broadcast on this channel". Same result though - remote control won't interact with the box.
    I've also just found out that it won't successfully record a program, if the box has entered this frozen state, although I can see from the video list that it has had a try.
    When I restart the box, it works fine for about 15 minutes now but at the outset of the problem it lasted over half an hour.
    I've had the box for about 4 months with no problem. This only started to happen about a week ago.
    I've done a Factory Defaults reset but that didn't work.
    System Info:-
    Software version: FHTCP 1.02.20
    Loader version: 0.7.31
    System Id: 80BC.7E00
    Update date: 10 June 2011
    IICOM Version: 9.3

I've tried loading new software over the air (OAT) but it told me that I had the latest already installed.
    Now I've run out of ideas.

| Sun 24 Jun 2012 23:48:20 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.