My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR Hdd Format problem

(6 posts)
  1. milovitch

milovitch

Hello,
    I have a Foxsat HDR which I bought in 2009. In 2010 I upgraded it to a 1.5TB drive as the old 350G didn't store enough Videos. (I bought a second box also in 2009 and upgraded that as well)
    I formatted the drives in Ubuntu to the Linux format and had set 4 partitions: 1: about 1 Gb; 2: about 1 Gb; 3 about 1.3Tb; $ about 1 Gb.
    Video is the third partition hence the larger allocation.
    Last week I pressed Media on the remote to look for a recorded program, and the window showed there was nothing recorded i.e. a blank window, but it showed it as 56% full. So, assuming there was glitch, I turned the box off on the back, waited a few minutes and turned it back on, but the problem was the same.
    Tried several times (as you do) but the problem persisted.
    As we have 2 boxes I took the HDD drive out of faulty box, hoping I could link the Hdd drive up using a USB connector to the other box to see the recorded programmes. This didn't work, so I decided to check the partitoning in Ububtu, and it looked OK. I put the HDD back into the box, and when I booted it up, it said the Hard drive wasn't formatted so I had to activate Initialize Partition... I left it on for about 12 hours and it was still saying Wait. I took the drive out again, and when I plugged it into Ubuntu it said the drive had some bad sectors and was due to crash. Anyway I formatted the drive roughly as it was before, put it back into the box and had the same result, need to format the HDD etc.
    Because the drive was seen as being faulty, I have bought another HDD formatted it, put it into the box with the same result... the Intitialize Partition has been running for 24 hours now, so can anyone tell me how long it's likely to take, or is there a problem with this box??
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

| Sun 30 Sep 2018 11:08:23 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

initialising a blank unformmtted drive on a Foxsat-HDR only take a few minutes but only works up to 1 TB.

If you install the Custom Firmware you can enter maintenance mode and run a low level Linux FixDisk package that checks and repairs the file system

| Sun 30 Sep 2018 11:50:33 #2 |
  3. milovitch

milovitch

Thanks for that response.
    As you will have seen I did format the drive before I installed it using the Linux format code, but the Humax box identified it as not being formatted.
    Anyway, where do I get the Custom Firmware. It sounds as if it is in the Humax system?

| Sun 30 Sep 2018 16:18:45 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

milovitch - 1 minute ago  » 
    Thanks for that response.
    As you will have seen I did format the drive before I installed it using the Linux format code, but the Humax box identified it as not being formatted.
    Anyway, where do I get the Custom Firmware. It sounds as if it is in the Humax system?

https://www.avforums.com/threads/media-file-server-bundle-for-the-foxsat-hdr-release-4-part-6.2024876/#post-23406338

| Sun 30 Sep 2018 16:20:16 #4 |
  5. milovitch

milovitch

Thanks very much Graham, looks like I have a bit of reading to do before I start the process. Thanks again.

| Sun 30 Sep 2018 16:54:56 #5 |
  6. milovitch

milovitch

Update info:
    The 1.5 Tb drive had a bad sector and couldn't be formatted. So decided to replace with a 1Tb HDD, which formatted straight from the carton, so all good again. Thanks for your help.

| Mon 8 Oct 2018 19:44:46 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.