My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR Kodi integration

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwpmorris

Hi all,

I'm new here but I've been a happy user of Raydon's custom firmware on my Foxsat HDR for a long time.

I've been thinking for a while about a method of integrating the Foxsat recordings into my Kodi library and have come up with a rudimentary solution.

I've posted it on the Kodi forums, so am linking here instead of cross-posting. Hopefully someone will find it useful. I know I would have.

Cheers!

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=148107&pid=2410151#pid2410151

| Wed 7 Sep 2016 9:57:20 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Thanks for this. However ANDLNA and MXplayer plays back all my Foxsat-HDR recordings using my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. I use Kodi to access my VBox Freeview media box (live TV and recordings) on same tablet and Galaxy S4 phone.

| Wed 7 Sep 2016 11:00:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwpmorris

grahamlthompson - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for this. However ANDLNA and MXplayer plays back all my Foxsat-HDR recordings using my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. I use Kodi to access my VBox Freeview media box (live TV and recordings) on same tablet and Galaxy S4 phone.

Hi,

Yes, I can also access all the media on the Foxsat HDR by using UPNP in Kodi or another app. In my opinion, it's not an elegant solution as far as Kodi goes. I wanted the recordings to show up in my library, amongst the rest of my TV shows. Now that they do, I have the benefit of sorting into seasons / episodes, artwork and thumbnails, watched status and resume points, all of which (as far as I know) are not available when using UPNP. My library also resides in a MySQL database on a NAS which means that all of these attributes are shared between all Kodi clients on my network.

| Wed 7 Sep 2016 11:20:29 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.