My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR loader software update

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

Hi everyone. I have a Foxsat HDR with an older loader software - 7.52 compared to latest I think 7.54.

Updating the system software seems easy enough but is there a different procedure for the loader software and if so, can anyone enlighten me?

On a different topic, I've tried this recorder with several RM-F01 remotes and can only get it to work with the one that came with it - does anyone know why this is? Do they have to match?

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 12:26:26 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

batteryman - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Hi everyone. I have a Foxsat HDR with an older loader software - 7.52 compared to latest I think 7.54.
    Updating the system software seems easy enough but is there a different procedure for the loader software and if so, can anyone enlighten me?
    On a different topic, I've tried this recorder with several RM-F01 remotes and can only get it to work with the one that came with it - does anyone know why this is? Do they have to match?

The procedure to update the loader is the same as for the firmware. However you probably don't need to as the later one only adds additional factory testing capability.

The working remote may have been set to a mode other than 1. If the other remotes are genuine Humax they will need to be set to the same mode as the working remote.

If you install the firmware you can control the box using anything with a web browser like a smart phone/tablet.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-1

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 12:52:24 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I think graham missed the word custom before firmware in the last sentence.

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 13:41:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

Thanks for the info. The remotes are all genuine Humax RM-F01 types, the others work with other Foxsat HDRs.

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 13:42:44 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 40 minutes ago  » 
    I think graham missed the word custom before firmware in the last sentence.

Yep

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 14:21:52 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

batteryman - 39 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the info. The remotes are all genuine Humax RM-F01 types, the others work with other Foxsat HDRs.

They will if the code set on the other boxes is the default of one and the remotes are also set to 1.

Say the remote that works has changed the code set used by the box and remote to say 3. Then it will only control that Foxsat unless you change the code set of another Foxsat to 3.

This allows multiple Humax boxes to be used in the same room without the remotes clashing.

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 14:25:26 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

Many thanks, didn't realise that facility existed. I should read the manual more thoroughly!

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 14:48:36 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

batteryman - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Many thanks, didn't realise that facility existed. I should read the manual more thoroughly!

It's not in the manual. If you look at the faq's there is an entry for all the Humax pvr's that support multi command modes. In fact most of the newer ones except the YouView (DTR) models, starting with the two Foxsat models.

| Thu 25 Apr 2019 14:53:07 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

Got it, thanks.

| Mon 29 Apr 2019 17:02:18 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.