My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

FoxSAT HDR no longer working

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

galbers

I have had my HDR for over a year now and it has been working perfectly. However, the other night the remote started acting up. The PVR light would flash and eventually stay on until batteries removed and the unit stopped responding to the remote other than for a few minutes after the batteries were reinserted. I managed to "reset" the remote by removing the batteries and discharging it by holding the standby button. The PVR button no longer stays on but the unit does not respond to the remote. It is worth noting that my Panasonic TV does respond to the remote so it is not completely dead. I have tried changing the remote channel to no avail. Any ideas on what I can now do?

| Wed 30 Mar 2011 8:34:00 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1. Welcome to the Forum

2. Can you operate the HDR from the front buttons?

3. You state you have tried the remote code change, did you actually succeed in changing the code?

| Wed 30 Mar 2011 8:47:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

galbers

Yes the HDR can be controlled from the front panel. When changing the code, the remote responds as described (i.e. after 5 secs the PVR light stays on, when select a code the PVR light flashes) however, the unit does not respond (i.e. no screen prompts appear about code changing).

| Wed 30 Mar 2011 9:15:07 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

It does sound like a mismatch in the codes. notwithstanding you cannot see the prompts on screen, you could try cycling through each of the 6 codes in turn to see if the unit will then respond.

The PVR light stays on when in code changing mode, and flashes 3 times when you change a code successfully.

Failing that,and unless someone else has any bright ideas, a failure of the sensor on the HDR? in which case a call to Humax Support.

| Wed 30 Mar 2011 10:01:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

galbers

Thanks for that Barry, but I already tried the brute force method of cycling through all 6 codes. The fact that the remote was initially playing up (PVR light staying on etc) would suggest that the fault is with the remote rather than the receiver. Are there any other ways to reset the remote and/or the box (can't do a factory reset as you need the remote to enter the password )?

| Wed 30 Mar 2011 10:10:35 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I saw this reported on one of the forums once, someone had similar symptoms, and I know you have already tried similar.

I'd been having the same problems with a non-working remote. I managed to speak to HUMAX tech support who gave me this solution.

•Switch on your Freesat Box

•Take the batteries out of your remote control

•Point your remote at the receiver on the box hold down the standby button for about 15 seconds

•Put the batteries back in

If all has gone well it should drain all power from the remote and cause it to reset itself.

| Wed 30 Mar 2011 10:23:28 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

IanBangor

This reset procedure worked well for my HDR Fox T2 - it should be on the FAQ for all applicable machines.
    Ian

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 18:32:01 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

BillyB2319

My Foxsat HD froze, had it a few years,was working great,turned it off at the back, then took the two leads out at the back [ariel and the one by it]put them back in tightened them up, switched receiver back on booted up and it came back on as good as new.Hope this help someone,I bought a new remote costing £39-95might save somebody some cash

| Tue 5 Mar 2013 21:49:13 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

Yep, if all else fails it's often a good idea to do something like that, and/or a factory reset via the menus. The great thing about the custom firmware is it allows you to make backups of your schedule so all is not lost if that's the route you have to take.

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 21:34:26 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.