My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat-HDR simultaneous recording problem?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ben

Hi folks,

My Foxsat-HDR 500 is very new to me, so apologies if I've made some newbie error here. But I'm trying to see what it can do, and tried to schedule simultaneous recordings. I've got a quad LNB with two connected. The Menu\Diagnostics menu shows strength and quality values for both tuners. Both appear to be connected with good levels. I can select a 1st program from the Guide, no problems. But when I try and select a 2nd, the Humax tells me there's a conflict - and offers a choice of conflict resolution. But why would it identify any conflict?

I can record (non-scheduled, realtime) a channel - and then tune into another channel with the 1st still recording. So both tuners are clearly working. Is the unit not *meant* to be able to record two simultaneous scheduled recordings?

thanks,
    Ben

| Tue 26 Apr 2011 21:25:35 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There's something amiss. You should not only be able to record two at once but also be able to view a limited selection of third channels as well.

First thing to do is ensure the hdr is operating in two cable mode. Did you by any chance install it with only one cable connected and then add the second. If so that's the problem the simplest way to rectify is carry out a factory reset and watch for the two cables found message.

If you installed with two cables and are sure the two are connected to the right connections (the two outer ones - if wrong correct and do as above).

Otherwise try this

Go into the setup menu then press in succession Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue.

A menu should open

Antenna Setting should be Fixed Antenna
    Connection Type should be Two Cables (same)

If wrong change the settings and wait for the system to reset itself.

Once you have a working system try this

Start a recording on 108, start a second on 109. Now tune to selection of third channels, you should be able to view and live pause any other channel

| Tue 26 Apr 2011 21:44:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ben

Thanks. Think that's sorted it. The hidden menu recognised the device as being in single cable mode. I changed that to Two Cables (same), retuned, and now I can schedule two simultaneous future recordings - which I couldn't before.

I did have one of the cables disconnected at times, yes - while I was carrying out the alignment. So I guess it must have been at that time that the device recognised which mode it was supposed to be working in. Thanks

| Tue 26 Apr 2011 22:03:17 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Happy it's now sorted

Graham

| Wed 27 Apr 2011 8:48:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ben

It's sorted, but sight of the options in the hidden menu has got me curious. What is the difference between the two 2-cable options? Think they were presented as Two Cables (same) and Two Cables (different).

| Wed 27 Apr 2011 9:02:45 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A little curiosity killed the cat :-)

Two cables different is to use the multi satellite capability (non freesat mode). This allows the box to use more than 1 lnb aligned on different satellites using diseqc switching (or usals for a motorised dish).

For example you might have say a different dish aligned on 19.2E. Using a diseqc switch you could connect this lnb together with one output of your quad lnb to tuner 1. Using non-freesat mode you could add all the contents of the free to air channels from 28.2/28.5E including lots not on the Freesat epg and those at 19.2E. If you select to view/record an Astra2/Eurobird 1 channel then the diseqc switch routes to the appropriate lnb, similary for 19.2E channels.

Before you ask here's the list of free to air content you can add using your existing dish and lnb

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

The same site will give you details of all the free to air content of satellites visible from the UK.

| Wed 27 Apr 2011 10:27:57 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ben

Woah... pretty complicated then. Umm think I might come back to this another time when I am a bit more familiar with satellite tv and we'be exhausted the Freesat channels!

| Wed 27 Apr 2011 11:52:22 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.