My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR .TS file playback

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cdreed01

Hi guys,

my first post, have a Foxsat HDR recorder and have successfully installed Raydon's latest firmware - however, if I FTP any HD recorded .TS file then I cannot playback on any player, even VLC. If I FTP an SD program then VLC plays A-OK......HELP!

OR - do i need to convert to something else before playback??

MAny thanks,
    Colin.

| Thu 12 Jul 2012 20:40:42 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

All HD recordings made in freesat mode are encrypted and can only be played back on the HDR they were recorded on. If you want unencrypted HD then select non-freesat mode, put the box in standby then restart. All HD recordings made will be unencrypted till you return to freesat mode.

| Thu 12 Jul 2012 21:57:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cdreed01

ahhh, ok Many thanks Raydon - I just thought I'd read somewhere that you'd managed to remove the encryption from the HD recordings? - do you ever think this will be possible?

Thanks again and excellent work by the way!

| Fri 13 Jul 2012 13:07:54 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cdreed01 - 39 seconds ago  » 
    ahhh, ok Many thanks Raydon - I just thought I'd read somewhere that you'd managed to remove the encryption from the HD recordings? - do you ever think this will be possible?
    Thanks again and excellent work by the way!

If it is possible (it clearly is) then it would be illegal. None of the ways of getting HD without encryption involve reverse engineering the encryption system and finding the appropriate encryption key.

Generic Free To Air HD pvr satellite boxes record HD without encryption anyway. Using a Foxsat-hdr in non-freesat is doing exactly the same.

| Fri 13 Jul 2012 13:12:51 #4 |
  5. Admin

Admin

administrator

Please read the Forum policy on discussing encryption:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/removal-of-certain-links-and-posts

| Fri 13 Jul 2012 13:13:35 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Doubledrat

Can someone confirm that non-freesat mode still disables the epg? To my mind this makes non-freesat mode useless, or is there a clever workaround?

I'd love to be able to watch hd recordings on other household devices e.g. iPads, android etc but it seems it's not possible without ruining the ability to be able to record things in the first place!

Sorry if this is a dumb question!
    Ta

| Tue 11 Dec 2012 7:48:02 #6 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

If you have Raydon's modded firmware installed then you can use the Channel Editor bundled with it to add non-Freesat channels as pseudo-Freesat channels and you don't need to change to non-Freesat mode to get to them. No EPG info for those added channels of course but they show up in the standard channel list and EPG.

| Tue 11 Dec 2012 9:26:44 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Doubledrat

again, apologies if this is a naive question -

I'm not bothered about adding other channels, I want to convince it to record HD unencrypted so I can then stream to my ipad etc. Raydon said you had to select non-freesat mode to record unencrypted, but I read that disables the EPG.

thanks for the response.

| Tue 11 Dec 2012 14:37:11 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Doubledrat - 12 minutes ago  » 
    again, apologies if this is a naive question -
    I'm not bothered about adding other channels, I want to convince it to record HD unencrypted so I can then stream to my ipad etc. Raydon said you had to select non-freesat mode to record unencrypted, but I read that disables the EPG.
    thanks for the response.

Broadcasters pay Freesat for the epg service (its Freesat's source of income to provide the service), you can't expect those that don't to get the service for free. In non-freesat mode just like most any other generic fta box you only get the now/next information transmitted along with video/audio data.

| Tue 11 Dec 2012 14:53:31 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Doubledrat

ok, just one more question, then I'll give up

is there a way of getting some sort of EPG functionality in non-freesat mode? I would therefore be able to get things recorded without encryption.

perhaps the custom firmware allows control from a PC or something?

thanks

| Tue 11 Dec 2012 15:17:00 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.