My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR .TS file playback

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

gomezz - 1 day ago  » 
    If you have Raydon's modded firmware installed then you can use the Channel Editor bundled with it to add non-Freesat channels as pseudo-Freesat channels and you don't need to change to non-Freesat mode to get to them. No EPG info for those added channels of course but they show up in the standard channel list and EPG.

The interesting thing about this is you can indeed record HD channels in the non-Freesat range unencrypted while still in Freesat mode, and the EPG for some of those channels still works, but when you schedule recordings on that channel it doesn't seem to work. At least, not scheduling it via the EPG. In the interest of testing this, I've scheduled a recording on non-Freesat BBC One HD (channel 5001 on my box) with manual setting... if it works, we've basically got the ability to record any HD channel unencrypted to a schedule, which is stupidly useful.

| Wed 12 Dec 2012 20:17:02 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

Ah. The caveat with setting a manually scheduled recording on a non-Freesat channel added to Freesat EPG listing appears to be it'll add the (R) icon to a bunch of other shows you haven't scheduled, also in the non-Freesat range. Only on the EPG itself though - the Schedule list still appears accurate.

For example, for test purposes I just put "BBC News at Ten" on 5001 BBC One HD in as a manual recording, and now about nine shows on BBC HD, ITV 1 HD, Channel4 HD and NHK World HD have the recording icon by them, including one point where there are four shows at once "phantom" scheduled on the EPG, which is of course impossible. Assuming the true manually scheduled recording on the non-Freesat HD channel records and none of the phantom ones do, I would consider this EPG glitch a worthy trade off.

| Wed 12 Dec 2012 20:26:04 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

zeke - 21 minutes ago  » 

gomezz - 1 day ago  » 
    If you have Raydon's modded firmware installed then you can use the Channel Editor bundled with it to add non-Freesat channels as pseudo-Freesat channels and you don't need to change to non-Freesat mode to get to them. No EPG info for those added channels of course but they show up in the standard channel list and EPG.

The interesting thing about this is you can indeed record HD channels in the non-Freesat range unencrypted while still in Freesat mode, and the EPG for some of those channels still works, but when you schedule recordings on that channel it doesn't seem to work. At least, not scheduling it via the EPG. In the interest of testing this, I've scheduled a recording on non-Freesat BBC One HD (channel 5001 on my box) with manual setting... if it works, we've basically got the ability to record any HD channel unencrypted to a schedule, which is stupidly useful.

It doesn't work, you have to enter non-freesat and re-boot the box. Additionally you can't record Freesat channels and Freesat channels at the same time even though you are still in Freesat mode.

| Wed 12 Dec 2012 20:40:48 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

Damn! My test file seemed to suggest it would work, but it recorded a few seconds and the rest is corrupt/encrypted.

This is a shame. Back to non-Freesat mode for unencrypted HD recordings then...

| Wed 12 Dec 2012 20:55:02 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.