My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat-HDR will not delete files.

(18 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Most of the support is carried out on AV Forums in a thread containing media-file-server-bundle-for-the-foxsat-hdr-release-4-part-5

I have included the link above, however I am unsure if I am permitted to do this, in which case it will be removed.

You want to read the first post. All very easy - only basic PC skills really required.

| Tue 14 Oct 2014 17:10:48 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Greystones

Thanks again, Repassac, and I think your link is OK to display, since I found it listed online elsewhere when searching?

I duly downloaded the S/W to my USB (FAT format) stick, but not before I had set my laptop W7 to 'telnet' --- did that matter? However, attempting to install it on to my Humax HDR was not as successful or easy! It would not enter START SYSTEM when using either the front or rear USB socket and following steps with dabbing the front standby switch at the recommended rates! I gather Humax are very discriminating?

| Wed 15 Oct 2014 12:53:40 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Greystones - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks again, Repassac, and I think your link is OK to display, since I found it listed online elsewhere when searching?
    I duly downloaded the S/W to my USB (FAT format) stick, but not before I had set my laptop W7 to 'telnet' --- did that matter? However, attempting to install it on to my Humax HDR was not as successful or easy! It would not enter START SYSTEM when using either the front or rear USB socket and following steps with dabbing the front standby switch at the recommended rates! I gather Humax are very discriminating?

Reformat the stick and have only the single hdf file on the stick.

Leave the box in sby for at least 10 mins to ensure it's in full sby and ensure there is no pending recording due within the next hour or so.

Telnet is very useful for sorting out problems with the upgrade.

| Wed 15 Oct 2014 13:05:01 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Greystones

Thanks, Graham, for a rapid response. My stick is 2 Gb, whereas some appear to say only use 1Gb --- will it matter? Does it also matter if I reformat it FAT or should it be FAT32, as some say?

After the upgrade is successful, should the Humax be in Non-FreeSat mode or not?

| Wed 15 Oct 2014 14:08:39 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Greystones - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks, Graham, for a rapid response. My stick is 2 Gb, whereas some appear to say only use 1Gb --- will it matter? Does it also matter if I reformat it FAT or should it be FAT32, as some say?
    After the upgrade is successful, should the Humax be in Non-FreeSat mode or not?

I use an 8GB stick formatted FAT32. The only sign you will see using the box normally is the CF version displayed on the front at boot.

You only get the basic web interface installed from the stick. To complete the install and install packages you have to use web browser connected to the Foxsat's IP address. The full instructions are in the download package. You have to extract the various files first from the rar archive. 7 zip will do this for you.

| Wed 15 Oct 2014 14:35:28 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Greystones

Thanks, Graham, and successfully done & installed on the HDR OK. Three things:

1. The EPG pages are blank with a date of 1970! Attempting a search for a programme (with both boxes ticked) did not find anything! Should the I/F display the current Humax full HDR EPG 'Now' or '7 Day'?

2. Is it OK to further install as well the Readon AV2 facility for converting & using non-Humax formatted files?

3. Repassac earlier said I could delete files via the I/F but I wasn't able to do so on the Browse Media Files page listing. Is this the page where one can delete HDR disk files (which I cannot do on the Humax without locking everything up & having to reset?
    Can I also use the same I/F page for transferring a file to my external HDD, which I cannot now on the Humax because it failed on the first attempt?

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 18:17:24 #16 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

For the EPG to be populated a copy must be stored on disk and this must be processed by a reboot <> 10 mins. Either a housekeeping 04:00 BST cycle or entering the EPG until the sound restarts and a reboot will do this.

I do not understand point 3 unless you are taking about FTP.
    I am talking about the page you can browse media files = Don't forget you can both left and right clink links.

If this does not sort you out - please post again with details confirming the install of the full interface and what packages have also been installed. Someone (possibly raydon) will sort you out.

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 19:26:56 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Greystones

Thanks again, Repassac,

With regard to displaying the EPG on my laptop, I assume you mean that a copy of Humax PVR EPG must be stored on my laptop HDD, and that the reboot refers to the Humax? But how does one get the initial copy over? I went and rebooted the Humax yesterday (after obtaining the web I/F for the first time, but that didn't make any difference! So, I must have misunderstood you? Today I I attempted to re-enter the Humax Ethernet ID in my browser but it couldn't find the server (with the router link connected and Humax booted up? I'm missing something obviously?

My third point query did referred to both FTP (for files which the Humax will not allow to be copied across to my external HDD, because the first attempt failed) and also deleting files on the Humax HDD (with a corrupted ikon at the RHS of the Media list line) which it won't allow and in the process locks up the whole system requiring a reset!

As far as my installation, I have only done completed a full installation of the Raydon Media File Server Bundle yesterday, after which I obtained the I/F on my laptop. Was I meant to install more files? If so, which please?

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 21:55:05 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.