My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR will not update software

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rogermunns

I have just bought a secondhand Foxsat HDR for my elderly neighbour. It had not been 'factory reset' so I deleted a few recorded progs. I then installed it for him, but could not get the machine to accept his postcode.

I then thought 'factory reset' which we did. But then it was quite some time before we got it going again (had to disconnect inputs, then switch off/on).
    Anyway, Chris was reasonably happy. I then got a report that while on the guide the display would freeze after moving 3 or 3 spaces (right or down or up). The box then had to be switched off / on before it would work again .
    I went over today to check out one or two suggestions that I had read might work.
    Immediate problem. The box is set at software version 1.00.13 -- so I tried to update. But it said 'no update is possible'.
    So that possibility shot down in flames.
    Then tried 'SCHEDULE' button + RED and that would not work either.
    Could this be a problem regarding his inputs from the dish? Two leads are connected but I have not checked whether his LNB has more than one output. He has 4 leads coming into his house but that's not to say his dish installer (years ago) didn't just bring down 4 leads 'for the future'. When searching for a freesat tune, it says tuner 2 zero strength and zero quality.

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 18:11:11 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Firstly it's no surprise that a search for the latest software found nothing. They are only broadcast for a short period. After that you need to update by downloading and use a USB memory stick.

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/downloads/foxsat-hdr

The postcode check requires access to a specific transponder that provides the postcode channel allocation known as the Freesat Home Transponder.

If the box is booting OK. Suggest you connect each cable in turn to tuner 1 in and select Manual Tune. Click in the transponder field and find 11427 H (might say 11426 or 11428). If you get a signal strength and quality (In the UK should be close to 100/100). If that's OK mark that one as OK. Test the others. Connect any two working and do a reset. If only one then come back as to how to use single cable mode.

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 19:48:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rogermunns

Brilliant! I'll try that tomorrow.

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 20:26:51 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.