My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Foxsat HDR won't find any signals.

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

davewi11

It is now the start of 2022, and I noticed that Channel 4 HD is fine on 126, but there was nothing on 104, their old SD channel. Assuming they had stopped transmitting on 104, I tried to rescan to see if anything else was on 104.

Now the box would not receive any signals. I tried an old Technosat receiver and that worked fairly well so the fault must be with the Humax.

Some people on another forum had the same trouble, and cured it by unplugging the HDD, after which channels could be received normally, even after the HDD was reconnected. This did nothing for me, even after resetting the box. Is there anything else I could try - maybe a secret servicing mode? I am using the custom firmware and the recording unscrambling hack.

I have just rebooted and it said there no channels - click to search. Now it says "Verifying your postcode..." for ever, even though the strength shows 85% and Quality 100%. I can't even see its web interface on my PC via the cable.

| Tue 4 Jan 2022 22:34:18 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I suspect a possible LNB fault with Horizontally polarised channels. The foxsat obays freesat rules which just looks firstly for the freesat transponder on a rescan. Think your old Technosat is just a free to air receiverwhich would behave differently.

Tey doing a non freesat scan on the Foxsat think you will find vertically polarised channels if I am correct.

If needs the freesat transponder to verify postcode.

| Wed 5 Jan 2022 6:23:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

davewi11

Thank you very much - your diagnosis was spot on! It explains why my Technosat would only show a picture on V channels although it had the full list of H & V. It also explains why while the Humax was recording, most other channels were greyed out.

The reason was that my dish is at the end of my garden, and I had foolishly installed an ordinary aerial plug and socket en route which had corroded horrendously, stopping DC. I've changed to a new connection and will waterproof it properly later, and after a rescan I've got all the channels back, including 104 Channel 4 SD.

| Wed 5 Jan 2022 18:07:48 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.