My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Freesat app

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobmoore

I have the Freesat app installed on my android phone.
    I have paired it with my Humax 1000s box.
    I can play and watch some of my recordings remotely but not others.
    I contacted Freesat and was told the app is not designed to watch recordings on a mobile device.

Is there any alternative way to pair to the Humax box and watch all content remotely?

| Mon 13 Sep 2021 17:44:26 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Bobmoore,

Welcome to the forum. I think you are expecting too much. Appreciate technology is moving along, but the Humax 1000S, alongside the 1100s models are now over 7 years+ old. They both share the same software & the App on your Phone (or in my case my Tablet) allows you to programme schedules, delete recordings, but . . . you can't actually play recordings from your portable device. You can access on demand via the Apps, but nothing else. I'm not sure if the new Freesat box allows you to watch recordings. My guess, it doesn't as the instructions that you can download, seem to indicate same design for most features. If anyone else has the new box, can you confirm this?

The only pvr I know that does allow you this facility is the new Humax Aura. You can download files & convert them to a smaller file size to watch on your phone/tablet while on the move. Have a look at the posts for this box, it looks very promising once they iron out the various bugs & it comes down more in price! Hopefully I have answered your question Bobmoore. Enjoy your 1000S box. John L

| Mon 13 Sep 2021 20:00:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobmoore

Thanks for your reply.
    I can play certain recordings but others don't show the play icon
    I assumed a bug or a set up problem which is why I contacted Freesat.
    The only solution I can think of is to play the recordings,which I can not access using on demand players.

| Mon 13 Sep 2021 20:44:35 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Freesat normally place restrictions on HD files which are encrypted while SD are not.

| Tue 14 Sep 2021 8:28:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobmoore

Hi
    It's not related to HD files.
    It seems quite random as to what you can play.

| Tue 14 Sep 2021 8:40:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Bobmoore - 15 hours ago  » 
    I can play certain recordings but others don't show the play icon

At the risk of stating the obvious, have you tried the age old method of putting the box into standby, waiting for the hard drive to stop spinning and then powering the box up gain and see if the problem persists?

| Tue 14 Sep 2021 11:55:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobmoore

Tried that, tried re -pairing the box with Freesat app, restarted router, tried uninstalling and reinstalling Freesat app on my phone.tried a hard reset on my phone.

| Tue 14 Sep 2021 12:12:51 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Bobmoore,

I had another look at my Freesat app again & the App only allows you to use your phone/tablet to remotely control the recordings that are on your hard drive directly to your tv. You are right about the App only showing some recordings that you can "remotely" play, rather confusing design, as it gives you the impression that it can do more. It's still an excellent app. I find it very useful for remotely scheduling the following week from tv times or viewing Freesat guide.

You mention the recordings that you can access, are you able to play them on your phone? If not, it is a shame it is not the other way round, but as mentioned the new Humax Aura box allows you to do all this & a lot more. I tried with SD & also HD recordings. John L

| Tue 14 Sep 2021 14:06:31 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bobmoore

I think I understand what is happening.

When you press the play option in the Freesat app it redirects to iPlayer, itvhub etc.
    So it's not actually playing the recording from the Humax.

As Freesat say the app only allows setup and deletion of recordings and remote control on the Humax box.

| Tue 14 Sep 2021 14:37:59 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Bobmoore,

Yes that's also correct. It really is a Remote device, but has some useful functions. John L

| Tue 14 Sep 2021 14:46:53 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.