My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Freesat, programme information

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ted

This may be not the right forum for this issue, but anyway. For some time now, the EPG shows blanks an if not, chances are there is 'no programme information' available. Is this a Freesat problem, or has it to do with my receiver?

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 11:47:18 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can you view Channel 999. If so leave it tuned to it for about 5 mins.

Then try this to display the guide.

Press the schedule button then press the red button.

| Mon 29 Oct 2018 12:00:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ted

If I understand it right, in response to my post regarding recording issues (current recordings that are not visible in the media list), Graham asks me to respond here. First about the programme information. Yesterday for exemample in the EPG there was "no programme information" for ITV1, but there was for ITV1 HD. The line in the EPG for ITV1 was blank for future programmes, not for ITV1 hd.

About the issue of not finding programmes that are currently being recorded in the media list. This is a rather recent issue. I have looked very carefully and also tried different orders for the list (date, name etc.), but could nowhere find the programme that was being recorded at the time. In the EPG though, a programme that is being recorded is indicated with a red dot (as it should also in the media list).

For as far as it relevant, this concerns a FoxSat.

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 10:39:41 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ted - 18 minutes ago  » 
    If I understand it right, in response to my post regarding recording issues (current recordings that are not visible in the media list), Graham asks me to respond here. First about the programme information. Yesterday for exemample in the EPG there was "no programme information" for ITV1, but there was for ITV1 HD. The line in the EPG for ITV1 was blank for future programmes, not for ITV1 hd.
    About the issue of not finding programmes that are currently being recorded in the media list. This is a rather recent issue. I have looked very carefully and also tried different orders for the list (date, name etc.), but could nowhere find the programme that was being recorded at the time. In the EPG though, a programme that is being recorded is indicated with a red dot (as it should also in the media list).
    For as far as it relevant, this concerns a FoxSat.

Just go to any channel and press the red instant record button this will create a recording of the current channel and confirm this with a on screen message. Wait 30 seconds or so and press the media button. This recording should be top of the list. If this doesn't work something is wrong. You should be able to play back this recording from the point you pressed the red button up to real time This capability is known as chasing playback. Note to avoid exiting the recording when near real time, use the forward skip key at it's default of +2 mins it will be ignored if less than 2 mins are currently in the ongoing recording file.

This is an excellent way to view ITV. If you wait say 15 mins after a ITV programme has started you can skip the ads and finish viewing the programme in less time.

Leave the box tuned to BBC 1 HD for 15 mins or so. Press the schedule button and then red. This should instantly display the cached epg without the time gap you get from using the guide button.

Every transponder with Freesat channels carries the full-epg in a round robin that constantly updates the cached epg. The cached epg doesn't need tuner 1. If tuner 1 is being used to record, guide gives you the instant epg (same as schedule - red).

| Wed 31 Oct 2018 11:01:01 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.