My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HD

Freesat tune

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

foxylady65

Hi there! In my wisdom I did a manual tune on my Foxsat box but now want to go back to Freesat Tune but it doesn't recognise my postcode and so I can't search for channels! What can I do to get it back to how it was before I interfered with it! Postcode is the same as has been for five years.

Thanks in advance

| Tue 30 Jul 2013 17:52:16 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. Most likely reason is a problem with reception from the freesat home transponder. Using manual tune scroll through the transponder list till you find 11427 (or 11428) H.

What signal strength/quality do you have ?

Using manual tune doesn't get rid of your freesat channels, you get a an extra menu option to switch between freesat and non-freesat mode.

| Tue 30 Jul 2013 18:05:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

foxylady65

Hi there, no signal strength/quality for the 11428 transponder. Does that mean I have to get someone out to move the dish?

The manual tune works, it's just that the channels are all mixed up and there are lots of the same channels so I have no idea about recording etc etc.

Why did I have to touch something that was working fine????

| Tue 30 Jul 2013 18:25:32 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you don't feel capable yourself, then yes you need to get the dish alignment, the coax cabling and lnb checked. It might be as simple as a slight tweak to the dish alignment. Everything might have seemed normal but eventually you would get problems as updates to the software and channel line up changes need access to the Freesat home transponder.

| Tue 30 Jul 2013 18:42:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

foxylady65

Thank you for your help. The dish did indeed need re-positioning.

| Tue 6 Aug 2013 21:15:26 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.