My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Freesat TV thru Foxsat-HDR

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

acb

Hi,
    is it permissable to run a freesat hd tv through the LMB 1 out socket on my Freesat foxsat-HDR or will I need to run a third cable from the dish.
    Regards
    acb

| Mon 3 Oct 2011 13:07:25 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It will work, but while the hdr is on or recording there will only be a subset of the available channels that the TV will be able to view. If you look here the channel choice will be the same as the second tuner choice as a hdr operating on a single cable.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

Only a third cable will give you all the channels on the TV 24/7.

| Mon 3 Oct 2011 13:21:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

acb

Ok, thanks for your prompt reply, one last question, does the hard drive LNB 1 output, and the TV LNB input, put out any voltage, if so, could this cause damage to the equipment?

Regards

ACB

| Mon 3 Oct 2011 15:40:33 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not sure what you mean about the hard drive. All lnb inputs designed to work with standard universal lnb's output either 12 or 18V DC and additionally a 22Khz tone may be present. The DC is required to switch the lnb polarisation and provide power. The prescence of the 22Khz tone switches the lnb to it's high frequency mode. When on or recording the hdr will ignore these output by the TV's freesat tuner and output it's own control signals to the lnb. When in sby (according to the manual you have to turn power saving in sby off - never tried it), the hdr should simply pass on the TV tuner control signals to the lnb. This is why you only have all channels with the hdr in sby, as this gives the TV tuner full control of the lnb.

More info here

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lnb.htm

| Mon 3 Oct 2011 16:02:16 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.