My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Freesat user from Bridgnorth, Shropshire.

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

reghorse

Hi. I have been a 'Foxat' user since the introduction of the Foxsat HD. Then moved on to the Foxsat HDR on its itroduction.I could not get on with the Foxsat HDR remote, the buttons becoming more and more unresponsive with use.In frustration i tried using the Foxsat HD remote and it is super apart from the lack of recording functions.I am now going to get a Humax HDR-Fox t2 When my area becomes 'fully' Freeview in a couple of weeks and wondered what thw members thought of its remote performance. I would hate the Foxsat HDR experience. Can anyone enlighten me?

Reghorse

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 11:56:58 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

HDR T2 remote response is far superior to the foxsat experience in my opinion.

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 12:07:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

reghorse

Barry - 47 minutes ago  » 
    Welcome to our Forum
    HDR T2 remote response is far superior to the foxsat experience in my opinion.

Many thanks Barry.
    Reghorse.

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 12:55:43 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

neilpaignton

I have found that over the months my two remote controls have become increasingly unresponsive. Yesterday it became almost impossible to navigate with the controls.
    Order of what I tried from internet sources:
    1. Reset box.
    2. Take batteries out of remote and hold standby for 15 seconds.
    3. Update firmware.
    4. Remove the internal film from behind the front flap.
    5. Hold the remote close to the unit.
    6. remove mains plug for a few minutes.
    None of the above had any effect.

I gave up and unplugged the box yesterday and watched the TV`s built in freeview. This is the first time it has been switched of for more than a few minutes for over a year.

Amazingly this morning I plugged the HUMAX FOXSAT-HDR in then powered up and both remotes are now operating like new.
    Great result but how long will it last.

| Tue 22 May 2012 5:18:42 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum Neil

Some reports that removing the coating from the IR window on the inside of the front flap improves the situation.

(note I have removed your other post on same subject as it was in a thread not associated with your issue - sd recoders.)

| Tue 22 May 2012 7:39:06 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.