My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Freetime & Showcase not working

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mcdunne100

Internet connection working fine (watched BBC iPlayer etc okay) but when selecting Showcase through Menu, or selecting earlier through Guide, but the screen goes as it should only there are NO items to select.

All worked fine for first few weeks. Last tested these before the clocks changed, I think.

Must be a software problem - anyone else experiencing?

| Sun 11 Nov 2012 17:14:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

HEYABC

I have had same issues - I did tell freesat but they did not respond on this, the response on other issues from freesat is it must be my equipment.

I had no issues with previous Samsung freesat box apart from no ITV player, but this <FreeTime> seems to be riddled with bugs, fault more than I would expect from experts of freesat and freetime with backing from BBC and ITV.

Im 97 you know - silly advert that does not highlight the product well.

I never thought that another advert could be more annoying than the Go Compare opera man!!! well the im 97 you know freetime add with weird voice and silly council house, also their second advert of a fat man dressed as an army man, his freetime is climbing walls in his house and zip wires out the window he is not that interested in freetime or Sat TV!! marketing gone wrong in my opinion, youview have some good adverts but freetime is better product but poor marketing.

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 1:45:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

I've seen a lot of posts advertising how much better Sky and Youview are than Humax / Freetime, so if people really feel that, no idea why you moved to the hdr1000s? Stick with what you seem to prefer, guys.

I moved to this box cos I was tired of paying my hard earned cash to Sky.

I've had some issues with the Internet connectivity, too, but it's down to my crappy wifi bridge not holding a connection - that's something I proved by wiring it up to my Xbox and experiencing the same connection dropouts. So it's nothing to do with the Humax box in my case.

Your mileage may vary. How are you wired up to the Internet? Home plugs? Dongle? Wifi bridge? Hard wired to your router? There's plenty of things that can go wrong here, and it's impossible to diagnose without full info.

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 11:01:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mcdunne100

souporjuice - 3 hours ago  » 
    I've seen a lot of posts advertising how much better Sky and Youview are than Humax / Freetime, so if people really feel that, no idea why you moved to the hdr1000s? Stick with what you seem to prefer, guys.
    I moved to this box cos I was tired of paying my hard earned cash to Sky.
    I've had some issues with the Internet connectivity, too, but it's down to my crappy wifi bridge not holding a connection - that's something I proved by wiring it up to my Xbox and experiencing the same connection dropouts. So it's nothing to do with the Humax box in my case.
    Your mileage may vary. How are you wired up to the Internet? Home plugs? Dongle? Wifi bridge? Hard wired to your router? There's plenty of things that can go wrong here, and it's impossible to diagnose without full info.

When/where did I (or the other poster) say that Sky or Youview is better?

I think it's pretty clear that it's the box and not the internet/connection, when you can watch things like Iplayer through the box (having done so over wifi AND ethernet cable). Actually, there aren't that many variables involved here, hence how it's fairly easy to determine that the problem lies in the box and the software....

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 15:02:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

Sorry, mcdunne100, wasn't aimed at you specifically...

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 15:20:25 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

mcdunne100 - 21 hours ago  » 
    Internet connection working fine (watched BBC iPlayer etc okay) but when selecting Showcase through Menu, or selecting earlier through Guide, but the screen goes as it should only there are NO items to select.
    All worked fine for first few weeks. Last tested these before the clocks changed, I think.

I would think that this is an EPG problem, as this data is fairly static (compaired to todays programmes, and I would think that the refresh frequency is slow).

I would try a freesat tune (note your scheduled recordings first).

Other things to check are:
    - your signal on the freesat transponder (transponder is shared with channel 407)- quality needs be be above 50%.
    - do you have any gaps in your schedules 6 or so days ahead?

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 15:23:16 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Showcase works OK on my HDR-1000s.

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 15:36:24 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

grahamlthompson - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Showcase works OK on my HDR-1000s.

And mine - displayed instantly.

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 15:43:25 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mcdunne100

REPASSAC - 5 hours ago  » 

I would think that this is an EPG problem, as this data is fairly static (compaired to todays programmes, and I would think that the refresh frequency is slow).
    - your signal on the freesat transponder (transponder is shared with channel 407)- quality needs be be above 50%.

Tried the freesat tune, made no difference. Funnily enough, turned the box on this evening and Showcase has 'reappeared'! But OnDemand and Freetime still no change.....

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 20:43:11 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

mcdunne100 - 46 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 5 hours ago  » 

Tried the freesat tune, made no difference. Funnily enough, turned the box on this evening and Showcase has 'reappeared'! But OnDemand and Freetime still no change.....

#407 etc?

| Mon 12 Nov 2012 21:30:29 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.