My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Freeview channels on Foxstat-HDR

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Algy

Hi everybody I'm new to this Forum,so be "gentle" with me...My question is how do you tune and view Freeview channels on the Foxstat-Hdr,if this is possible?

| Tue 24 Sep 2019 19:34:18 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

You don't. It is a satellite receiver.

| Tue 24 Sep 2019 21:20:43 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. The clue is in the name. The Foxsat-HDR as the name suggests is a satellite receiver. It needs to be connected to a satellite dish to even work. It can get hundreds of channels many of which are the same as the Freeview channel line up.

If you only have a normal aerial you have the wrong box unless you get a dish which can be installed by competent DIY people.

Humax boxes that can use these channels and connect to a terrestrial basically are grouped by slightly different systems, all work with a normal aerial but have different capabilities basically based on how old they are. In all cases the number of channels they have depends on which transmitter you can receive where you live.

Freeview + models. Twin tuner models capable of recording two channels at once and watching some 3rd channels while recording two , but now having virtually no internet delivered catch up services.

In order of age HDR-FOX-T2, HDR-1800T and the HDR- 2000T.

Next up is the Youview models which have an extensive range of on demand services but are pretty useless unless you have a broadband internet connection.

All these have a DTR-xxxx model name.

The newest are the FVP (Freeview Play) models FVP-4000T/FVP-5000T).

These models have 3 tuners which can record up to 4 channels at once (with a few restrictions which most will never come a across id recording the main BBC ITV BBC2-HD , Channel 4-HD and Channel 5-HD especially if recording the 5 - HD variants.

These models have an extensive range of free internet delivered catch up content from all the major channels , and arguably the best paid for service - Netflix.

They both lack the other main competitor to Netflix - Amazon Prime.

TBH Amazon prime is best delivered by a Amazon Device. Amazon recently sold there most advanced device which is 4K capable and plugs into your TV's HDMI port for just £25.00. Though Prime Video is available on Youview devices.

If you hate jerky video this device solves the issue with Amazon prime content recorded at the 24Hz blu-ray standard if it's connected to suitable TV.

| Tue 24 Sep 2019 21:29:58 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Algy - 1 day ago  » 
    My question is how do you tune and view Freeview channels on the Foxstat-Hdr,if this is possible?

That is impossible.
    The foxsat works off a dish, but freeview is only through a traditional aerial.

Algy - 1 day ago  » 
    Hi everybody I'm new to this Forum,so be "gentle" with me...

That depends!

You posted this in the "WELCOME" forum of this site. You should have seen, or heard via a screen reader, that this is for "Just registered? Say Hello!".
    Not everyone reads all posts on this site. If you post in the appropriate forum for your model then you may get more help than posting in a non-related forum which you have just done.

You talk about attempting to use channels from a traditional aerial (freeview) through a non freeview box but you say nought about why you are attempting to do this. If you post a bit more about what you are attempting to do, and why, then you may get more constructive replies for what you attempting to achieve.

| Wed 25 Sep 2019 22:40:13 #4 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

Luke - 8 hours ago  » You posted this in the "WELCOME" forum of this site. You should have seen, or heard via a screen reader, that this is for "Just registered? Say Hello!".

Excusible forum newbee mistake?
    You talk about attempting to use channels from a traditional aerial (freeview) through a non freeview box but you say nought about why you are attempting to do this.
    Possibly because the OP wants to watch TV via the box, is not aware of the difference between FS and FV and just asking for help in understanding?

| Thu 26 Sep 2019 6:57:06 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.