My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Freeview HDR-2000T TV connection issue

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spuds-U-like

Hiya,

1st ever Humax product & I seem to be having an issue with the TV connection to the unit. I've connected the aerial to the Antenna in & the TV cable to the Antenna out as described in the manual. With the unit powered (blue light), the TV receives a signal OK, but the issue I have is that the TV loses signal if the recorder is in standby(red light,)which I find quite bizarre. I can't get any guidance from the manual or any of the menus of the on screen settings. As an aside, I do have the Power Management Auto Power Down set to off just in case that's relevant.

So, is it simply that the unit will not allow a signal to pass through in standby mode & that to receive a signal on my TV, I have to have the recorder powered up or is there something I've missed somewhere in the set up or settings?

The reason this is a potential problem for me is that I live on a boat where I get my 240V power from an inverter rather than direct from the mains, so power consumption by the inverter from the batteries is a real issue & it would be a lot better if I didn't have to have the recorder powered up whilst watching TV only as obviously the recorder will use less power in standby. OK, I know I could simply use some form of signal splitter, but if I can overcome this with the existing set up by simply changing a specific setting or something, that would be great, so thanks in anticipation.

| Mon 17 Feb 2014 14:27:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Currently at least there is no way of enabling rf loopthrough with the box in sby. Incidentally if there was you would again be using more power as the rf loop amplifier requires power anyway. If you have a decent signal using a passive splitter will reduce the power load a little anyway.

Welcome to the forum.

| Mon 17 Feb 2014 14:35:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spuds-U-like

Thank you Graham, logic told me that a loop through probably wasn't possible after all my fiddling with connectors, settings etc., but with my track record, missing something simple was always a possibility. Splitting the signal is obviously the way I'll have to go if I want to avoid having the unit powered up whilst just watching TV.

Don't anyone get me wrong, my initial reactions when I 1st used the unit is that it's a great piece of kit which records simply & beautifully with great playback quality via an HDMI cable, so I'm really pleased with it. Yes it's a little disappointing about the loop through, but that aside, I've no regrets with my purchase.

| Mon 17 Feb 2014 14:45:47 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Just to add that Humax are aware, and the engineers are looking at enabling a loopthru option.

| Mon 17 Feb 2014 15:25:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spuds-U-like

Thanks Barry, isn't that the way of things? how many times do we buy an item just before the company announces an upgraded version?

As I said, I'm still very happy & the "problem" is easily worked around. I'd like to add that I really appreciate the responses & the welcome, so thanks fellas.

| Tue 18 Feb 2014 12:47:31 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Spuds-U-like - 4 minutes ago  » 
    how many times do we buy an item just before the company announces an upgraded version?

As I read Barry's post they haven't announced an upgraded version. They are considering whether it is feasible to do something either as a software update that would add the functionality to existing kit or as a hardware fix for future production. We shall see.

| Tue 18 Feb 2014 12:54:28 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.